Ch35

Liu took us along the side of the building, thankfully the winter skies lacked the reflective light of the moon, we snuck along the wall undetected by a few officers who seemed to have finished their shifts, allowing them to leave the property unscathed and unaware.

Liu crouched and examined a small ground level window, he gleamed at Toby and I as he equipped his knife from his pocket.

The glass shattered inward as the blunt end of the knife made contact, Liu made some room and smirked at Toby.

"Lady's first"

Toby clicked his tongue but advanced on the broken window, clearing any extra glass from the frame before squirming into the small opening.

When only his lower back was visible from are side Liu gave the boy a hard kick in the ass, a panicked wale followed by a muffled thud assured me that Toby had fallen a few feet on the inside.

Liu's eyes remained clouded over, a triumphant smirk placed on his lips, he nodded his head to the window.

"Your turn pup"

Removing the backpack from my frame, I shoved the bag into the building before me, listening for the contact it made on the floor, I followed after it, placing my body flush against the snow to wiggle through.

However, I got stuck.

"Shit.." I cursed under my breath, alerting Toby who had moved himself by the door to what seemed to be a storage room, boxes line every inch of the shelving, paper half haphazardly thrown over the floor and desks, the lack of any lighting hindered my eyes.

"What's wrong now?" He looked me over, my top half sticking out the window five feet from the hardwood floor

"My belts stuck, I cant get through..." I attempted to pull myself out with force, thrashing and kicking my legs while pushing against the wall.

I stopped thrashing when two hands made contact with my rear, a startled noise muffled itself in my lips, the hands forcefully pushed me from behind, not letting up when I began to wiggle once more.

"Fucking hell..." Toby took hold of my arms, tugging me forward, one foot pushing against the wall, he clenched his teeth as he pulled with all his might.

With a quick snap my body fell forward, I tried to brace myself with my hands but ended up on my back, Liu tumbled into the room after me landing hard on the floor, and Toby tumbled backwards into a rack full of boxes.

Regaining ourselves we swiftly approached the door as footsteps echoed in the hall, the disturbance of are arrival alerted a personnel.

Toby inched toward the door and reached for his hatched but Liu quickly shut him down, shoving past him and hiding his presence in the shadows.

Toby didn't retaliate but did grumble as he dragged me behind a stack of boxed.

The light of the hallway illuminated the officer standing in the doorway, he was a large man, pink stains line the front of his uniform along with a few sprinkles, he seemed completely unmotivated and tired, not thinking any harm would come his way.

He huffed when he noticed the shelf in shambles, most likely thinking the old furnish finally gave out, I watched as Liu soundlessly followed the man step by step into the room, knife glinting in the provided light.

I knew what was coming, I expected it, but by no means am I required to watched.

I closed my eyes as Liu raised the weapon above his head.

"Its a wonderful day to kill"