Chapter 4

"Alice, I need you to push now, okay? Your baby is crowning." Alice was sweating badly, but she nodded in understanding. I successfully delivered the baby and as I cut the umbilical cord, I  noticed the heartbreking look in Alice's eyes. 

"Sweetie, do you even want to hold her?" Alice's eyes glazed in tears and she shook hr head no. The girl was only 17 years old, but she held so much love in her eyes for the precious new born. I gently placed the baby in the hospital crib and watched Uri roll it out of the room. 

"I wanted her, but I just cant support her right now. I'm not even out of high school." Alice broke down into tears and it broke my heart to see her like this. When I was in high school, one of my friends went through the same thing, so I know how tough this was for her. 

"I understand. She'll get a nice home, I promise." We are told not to promise patients anything, but Alice needed the reassurance. "Okay, you need to rest and I'll let your parents come in. I'll see you tomorrow and nurses will periodically check on you." Alice nodded tiredly and I got a nurse to fetch her parents. 

I was tired too and I just wanted to see my favorite little baby and baby daddy. I pulled out my phone and dialed the last number in my call log.

"Shouldn't you be working, love?" Gosh I loved his voice.

"I just got off. Are you busy?"

"Never for you. What's up?" I could melt right on spot. Damien was a natural born sweet talker and he knew it too. 

"I just want to come chill with my favorite baby daddy. Is that a problem?" He busted out laughing and told me it was okay for me to come over. I rushed to my car and drove to Damien's home. 

I unlocked the door and was greeted with a quiet home. That usually meant that Damien was in his office. I walked down the dimly lit hallway and opened the large door to his in-home office. He was sitting in his large chair working on a large stack of papers.

"Hey, love." He opened his arm and guestured for me to walk to him. I reached to hug him as always, but this time he pulled me into his lap. I yelped in surprise and quickly quieted since Malaki was sleeping in his crib in the room also. 

"What are you doing?" He kissed my cheek.

"Greeting my sweet lady the correct way." 

"Sweet lady? Since when?" He chuckled and his beautiful eyes twinkled at me. 

"Ever since you fell asleep on my couch."

***

 "Lee, that man is crazy about you." 

"You think?" I felt like a little school girl again asking Uri about Damien. I mean he was such a great man and the way he treated me made me feel so special, but I didn't know how to feel about it. 

"I know he is. I'm not supposed to tell you, but he's planning something big for your birthday." 

What? My birthday is a week away and he's planning?

"Wait, how does he even know my birthday?" Uri smirked mischeiviously. 

"I told him." I rolled my eyes at her, but we changed topic of conversation. I just need to think about this and sleep on it for a couple of days. 

After another hour, I realized that I was supposed to be babysitting Malaki for Damien. "Okay Uri, I have to head out, okay?" I gave her a hug goodbye, and headed over to Damien's house. 

When I got there, there was an unusual car in the driveway. I had been over his house enough to know the usual cars. I unlocked the door and was surprised to see Lily there with Damien and Malaki.