A Little Peak :)

I stared in the mirror with my shirt raised up halfway. I rubbed my stomach gently and smiled. "Are you still looking at your belly? It's time to go to work, pretty lady." 

I stuck my tongue out at James and pulled my shirt down. He was atually right, and I'd be late to work if I didnt leave soon. 

"Well when you finally have a baby growing inside of you, you'll understand." He rolled his eyes at me and stuck his neck in my direction for me to tie his bowtie. "You're pretty hopeless with ties. I just want you to know that." 

He pecked my cheek. "And that's why I have you. Now get to work!" I grumbled under my breath, but I listened and started munching on the granola bar that I had set out. As the pregnancy progressed, morning sickness became a pain in my butt. Uri and James have been very helpful about it, but that didnt make it any better.

I drove to work in high spirits and checked in to my office. I made all my rounds and talked with the patients about their children. It made me excited to know that this would be me in 7 more months. 

I was daydreaming about my child and whatever gender they would be when I walked into my newest patient's room. "Hello there, I'm-"

"Hello again, Doctor Davis." I forced a small smile on my face with Lily and I glanced briefly at Damien in the corner. I looked through their file and saw that Lily suspected she was pregnant. 

I waited to feel any type of bitterness, but I didn't all I could feel was the awkward tension in the room. "Hello Lillian, I see you are back. I'll go grab the technician and we will find out if you're pregnant." I walked out of the room and took a deep breath.

This was weird to me and I just needed to recollect and do my job. As I walked down the hall, I heard my name being called. 

And surprise, surprise it was Damien. 

I rolled my eyes at him, but stopped. "Lee, can you please hear me out really quickly?" I glanced at my watch. 

"You have 2 minutes, starting now." He looked at me with disgust with a quick second before fixing his features. 

"Look, I know I was a douche. I'm sorry about that, I really am. Me and Lil decided to try and work through our problems, and now she might be pregnant again. We want to make it right."

"I'm happy for you, Damien." And I really was.

One chapter closed, another one to open.

*****************************************************************************************************************

It's really short, I know. This is beyond short and I wont even consider it a chapter, but I needed to get something updated. 

Recently, I've had so much softball and school work tat I couldn't even think about wattpad. 

I hope you guys can forgive me! lol

Anyway I hope to get a chapter updated this weekend, but no promises.