Chapter 11

"So since you have a new fiancee and all, are you coming to this year's family reunion?" Uri always invited me to hers because my famiy was slightly dysfunctional. If I could avoid them, I did. 

"Of course, and I'm dragging Jamie along too." Uri smiled and went back to logging some things into the computer. 

I looked at my charts and realized that my next patient was Lily again. I took a deep breath and put on a smile. I know she specifically had me as her doctor to irk my nerves. 

She succeeded many times. Although I had moved on from Damien, I did not want to hear about their loving, doting relationship in which they slept together 24/7. That was pushing my boundaries. 

I walked into the room and forced a smile onto my face. Lily was sitting on the table in the hospital gown, and Damien was in the furthest corner on his phone. "Hello again, Lillian. How are you feeling?" 

"Morning sickness is a little excessive, but otherwise I feel fine." 

"I'll prescribe something for orning sickness, you should be around 2 months, so let's check you out." Staring at the crotch of your ex-boyfriend's wife is pretty awkward. Just know that.

"Okay everything seems good, so I'll get that prescription filled, and you'll be on your way." I pushed my chair back, stripped off my gloves, and left the room.

"Leona!" I turned to see Damien speeding after me.

"Yes, Damien? You have any questions?" He looked a little troubled so I led him over to a bench that we had for waiting family members.

"I think she's cheating again. Lily has been acting odd. I don't think the baby is mine..again." I wanted to say I was surprised, but I wasn't. I did, however, feel bad for Damien.

"I'm sorry to hear that Damien. What are you planning to do?" He grabbed my hand. I wasn't a fan of it, but I guess he needed support. 

"I don't know yet. I think I'm going to wait it out a little. But there's more I wanted to talk to you about." He stopped talking, and I paused giving him time to get his words together. It was a slow Tuesday, so there weren't many people roaming about. I had the time to talk for a little more. 

"I miss you." He started to rub circles with his thumb across my hand. I pulled my hand back quickly, and stood up. 

"Look, Damien-"

"I know I didn't treat you right, but I miss you, baby." I heard the change in his voice, and all his words became more sensual. His accent accentuated everything. I still loved it, but it didn't have the same effect.

"Look, I'm sorry for your problems, but I've moved on." His face remained blank except for a slight twitch in his eye.

"You men my best friend, James. You think I believe all that proposing sh*t he pulled? You aren't over me this quick." 

"Damien, you need to stop all of this. I'm not going back to you."

"Leona-"

"I suggest you leave my fiancee alone." I didn't even realize that James had walked up behind Damien. He looked livid, but he was hiding his anger well. 

"I wasn't bother her, man. Just asking a few questions about Lily." 

"Yea right." I knew James had heard the conversation, but he just ignored Damien. He came to me and kissed me full on the lips in front of Damien. 

I wasn't going to complain. 

"I brought you your favorite lunch. How's my baby girl treating you?" I rolled my eyes because James was completely convinced that I was having a baby girl.