Chapter 16

"Hey Jamie, I think we should go out tonight." He took off his glasses, which were actually pretty sexy, and stared at me. 

"You want to?" I nodded. "Okay, we'll go." 

Jamie had been exceptionally protective after the mysterious attack on me a few weeks ago. He suspected it was my mother because I'd angered her right before my incident. 

Something in me told me it wasn't her though. I felt no specific feelings toward my mother, but I knew she just wasn't capable enough to do this. 

Well, capable enough to do this and not get caught.

I got dressed in a loose sundress and waited for James to get ready. In these last few weeks, my stomach has exploded in size, and I was happy. My sweet babies were growing. Bringing me closer and closer to meeting them.

"Okay where to, Mrs. Raymond?" Knowing that my marriage to James was coming up is so exciting. He was probably more excited about it than I was, though.

"I want ice cream."James smiled at me and kissed my cheek before grabbing the keys to take us.

As I look back over everything, I think about how odd my life has been these last few months.

When I met Damien, I thought that he was 'The One'. I thought that me, Damien, and Malaki would be a family. I thought I would live in a white picket fenced house.

But it didn't work like that. I got in-vitro and now I'm pregnant. I found my happily ever after in my ex's best friend. I never discovered who Malaki's father really was. I didn't become the mother to hi that I wanted to be.

But life doesn't always hand us answers. Sometimes it's about enjoying what we have and know right now.

And that's what I'm going to do.

***

James' POV

I pushed Leona's back on the swing and stared at her. She is just so beautiful to me, and I'm glad I can call her mine.

"Lee?"

"Hmm?"

"What's on your mind?" She has looked so pensive all time we had been out. I'm curious to what's going on in her head.

"I'm just thinking about my life now."

"It better be all happy thoughts." She playfully glared at me, and smiled.

"Of course. I'm just thinking about how life isn't how I thought it would be, but I'm happy how it all played out for me. For us." We lapsed back into silence until my phone rang.

I decided to ignore it. I didn't want to interrupt my time with Leona for business. I spent 6 days out of the week with my company, and I just wanted to rest with my fiancee.

It stopped, but began to ring again.

"Jamie, just answer the call. It could be important." I sighed and pulled out my phone. I started to walk a little ways away from Leona. I tried not to subject her to my business. If things got heated, I didn't want her to witness the nasty words that I might say.

"This better be good." I said into the phone to my CFO. I was irritated and it showed.

"It is. A few weeks ago, I found some oddities in the bank accounts. More money was leaving the account than what was being spent. I finally pinpointed the source."

Why is this my first time hearing about stolen money?

"Who was it?"

"Christina Munez." I gaped. I thought we'd been friends but Chris was stealing money from me? "She was fired this morning."

"Thanks for letting me know." I was still flabbergasted at this news. It was disappointing to know that someone was stealing from me. I treated all my employees with the utmost respect and I gave increases constantly. I felt that if I rewarded my employees, they'd maximize their talents and bring in more money.

But I guess that isn't enough for some people. I hung up my phone and turned back to Leona, but all I found was an empty swing.

"Lee?" I walked back over to the swing but saw no sign of her. My chest started to tighten.

Her purse was still here, her shoes that she'd taken off earlier were here, but she wasn't. "Leona?" I began to frantically look around, but we were alone in the park. There was nobody who could've seen anything.

The wind blew and a piece of paper fluttered by my feet.

 I gave you a few weeks to make your decision.

Time's up.

*******************************************************************************

Hey guys! So she's been kidnapped. I know you guys were guessing before, but who do you think is behind it all?

Anyway, this book is ending very soon. I hope you've liked it so far. Also I will be having a Q and A at the end of this book. If you have questions, inbox me!

I hope you enjoyed!

Vote! Comment! Fan me!

Love you guys! :P