Chapter 17

Leona's POV

I woke up groggy and disoriented.

Where am I?

I saw a figure pacing, but my vision was still blurred.

"I can't wait for you to go. Always causing problems. Just leave." I squinted my eyes harder and my vision soon cleared.

"Lily?" She shot her head over, and gave me a sinister smile.

"Ahh you're finally awake. Took you long enough." I was finally gaining my wits again, and I knew what was happening. I remember being at the park with James, and all of a sudden blacking out.

I didn't know how to explain the transportation, and I honestly had no clue where I was.

"What do you want with me?"

"I want you dead." My heart skipped a beat in my chest. I had to survive. It was more than just me to think about.

"Why?"

"Because I'm always being compared to you! You're a constant in my life. Damien silently judges me all the time because I can't be like you. Even my son wanted you as a mother more than me!" I noticed her jittery eyes and her constant scratching.

"Lillian, are you on drugs?"

"Shut up!" She screeched. "This is what I'm talking about! You're no better than me! I'm better than you." I needed to calm her down somehow.

"I'm not disputing that. You are better, but I'm worried about your child." I glanced at her baby bump and mentally calculated. Since I was almost in my 7th month, she should be around 5 months pregnant.

"The kid is fine. Damien is always stressing me over this kid. It probably isn't even his." My heart went out to Damien. I remembered his pain-stricken face at the notion that the child might not be his.

Lillian was toxic.

"Is Damien alright?" Her fiery green eyes glinted.

"You know, he actually loved you. He only came back to me because I blackmailed him into it. He always wanted you. Leona this. Leona that. I don't get your appeal. You're just an ugly negro."

A race element was now playing a part. I had to play my part really cautiously. Lillian was beyond convincing.

I could just hope for help, and think of a plan.

***

James' POV