Chapter 3

"You're a little cutie, you know that? When you get older, all the girls are going to be running after you. And you know what you're going to do? Run in the opposite direction until you're 30." Malaki was just staring at me with wide green eyes and I smiled down at him. 

"Should you really be telling my son that?" I turned around and saw Damien walking into the room fixing his tie. He was dressed impeccably in his black Gucci shoes and navy blue Armani suit. 

"Malaki will not be a man-hoe. So, you groom him from young." Damien busted out laughing and came to kiss me on my cheek. Over the past month, we've grown close and I can easily call him a good friend of mine. Uri was curious as to where I disappeared to on every of my off days, but I decided against telling her for now. 

"Whatever floats your boat." Damien went to pick up Malaki and I pulled him away slightly. 

"He's been spitting up. If you want that suit to stay that nice, I suggest you wait until a little later." Damien glanced down at my plain red shirt and saw all the faded spots where I attempted to wipe off the throw up. 

"I'll take my chances." He held Malaki in his arms and began to speak to him. "I don't want you to listen to little ole Lee. She wants you to be a 40  year old virign. When you see a really pretty girl, I'll teach you how to woo her." Damien grinned mischieviously at me and I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever. I'm having baby withdrawals, give him back." Damien handed him over and I went back to rocking him in my arms.

"As much as I don't want to, I got to leave. Malaki is yours for the day and you'll meet me at the office, right?" I nodded and Damien kissed my cheek again before heading out the door.

It was insane how much Damien trusted me with his son and home. This isn't the first time he's left me in his house with Malaki, but it didn't matter to me. Malaki felt like my son already and I'd protect him with my life.

"So what is the plan for today, little man?" Of course Malaki just stared up at me with his beautiful eyes, but it was like he understood my question. "You're a smart man, huh?" He began to reach up to me and I held him so that my hand was underneath his bottom and his head on my shoulder.

My phone began to ring and Uri's name popped up. "Hey beautiful. Wassup?"

"You been flaking out on me recently. What do you say meeting up at the coffee shop?" I felt guilty in that I had spent a lot of my time with Damien, so I relented.

"FIne, I'll be there in 30." We hung up and I put Mal in his car seat before sprinting upstairs to get an extra shirt from Damien's room. It was a plaid button down shirt, but I made it work since I was wearing combat boots and blak tights.  

"Time to go, little man!" I hooked Malaki into his stroller, locked up Damien's house, and began to walk to the coffee shop. It was a 5 minute drive from my house, but it was only an 8 minute walk from Damien's house. 

I walked into the shop and immediately caught Uri's eye. Her jaw dropped and I smirked as I walked to the table and sat down. "Since when do you have a baby?"

I decided not to answer, but Malaki became fussy, so I took him out of the stroller and bounced him gently in my arms. Out of the stroller, Uri got a good look at him, and her eyes widened. 

"That's the scandal baby! Why do you have him?" 

"His name is Malaki and-" Before I even finished Damien started calling my phone. "Hold on Uri." 

"Hey Damien, what's going on?" 

"So that's what you doctors and nurses nicknamed my kid? Scandal baby?" My eyes widened and I turned around to see Damien smirking from a table away. He got up and walked over to us. He reached down for Malaki and gave me a kiss in the cheek at the same time.