S1 ; Ch12 | GUITAR LESSONS

june 27, 1995

your pov

it's been a few months. katrina has a boyfriend now, and violet and charlotte started dating. all i do is fifth wheel, and it isn't fun. they ask me to go with them. to go eat or something, but all i do is just be to myself the whole time.

i can't wait to go back. it was fun at first, but now i just want to go home. i sigh and get my mp3 player and my earbuds. i scroll through a bunch of songs until i found one song.

'I'll Never Stop Loving You' by Britney Spears

i started to hum song with the song and just sat in the room. listening to this song made me realize something...

i want to get back into music.

i used to be into music in middle school, and i was actually pretty good at ukulele... there was a laptop at an office desk, so i decided to walk over to it. i plop down in the chair and open the laptop.

i looked up 'guitar lessons in italy' and a few searches popped up. i clicked on the first one and the place wasn't too far away. and it wasn't to expensive!

i grabbed my backpack and shoved my phone and wallet into it. i slide on my red converse and quickly grab a piece of paper and pen. i write the girls a note quickly.

hey girls!

i'm going out to town, so if i'm not here then you know where i am... well, not really, but you know that i haven't been kidnapped... hopefully.. anyway, i'll be out for a bit and i'll see you guys later!

y/n <3

   i head over to the door and open it. i walk into the hallway and lock the door behind me.

   once i get out of the building, i start to walk to the music lessons place. while i was walking, there were couples walking everywhere i looked. i sighed and kept going.

   i finally get to the place and i enter it with a smile. there's a lady at the front desk. she's typing on her computer and looks up to me. a warm smile forms on her face.

   "how may i help you?" she ask.

   "i was just wondering if you have guitar lessons?" i reply and she looks at her papers.

   "umm well.. we have electric guitar lessons." she answered with her eyes still glued to her papers.

   "that works! when can i take lessons??" i ask and she looks up with a smile.

   "well, we can get started right now if you want." she says. i smile and nodded. "let me just get someone and they will take you from here." she smiles and walks into a different room.

yes! yes! yessss!

   a man came walked out the door. he looked pretty young. maybe early twenties? he had chocolate wavy locks and emerald green eyes. he wore a pearl necklace and his arms were covered in tattoos. he looks over to me with a bright smile.

   "hello luv," he says with a heavy english accent. he comes closer to me and towers over me.

he's... quite.. tall...

   "hi!" i shyly reply and he chuckles.

   "my name's harry. and you must be.." he says.

   "y/n.." i quickly reply and hold out my hand.

   "ah, y/n! what a beautiful name!" harry says. i giggle and he shakes my hand. "so, i heard you want to take guitar lessons?" he asks with his eyebrow raised.

   "yeah.. i know a bit because i used to play guitar and ukulele back in middle school, but i wanted to refresh my memory." i say with a slight chuckle.

   "oh great! let's get started then!" he says while motioning me to follow him.

we walked into a room with a couch and some instruments. my eyes wandered all around the room. there were a lot paintings. then my eyes landed on a picture. it was harry with another man. he was shorter and had brown hair. it looks like he has a lot of tattoos on his arms as well. i must've stared at the picture too long because harry spoke up.

"ah, i see you've found that picture." harry says with a warm smile. he walks up to it and takes it off of the wall. he holds it in his hands where he can look at it. "this is me and my best friend louis." he says as his smile fades away. "i've always had a crush on him, but i can't ask him out." he says with a sigh.

"why not? you should shoot your shot!" i say and look at him. he looks up to me and our eyes meet. i smile and put my hand on his shoulder. "you got this!" i say making him perk up and smile.

"thank you luv. if you think i should, then i will! i just need your phone number.." he says and i pull out my phone from my bag. he smiles as i hand him my phone. he types in his number and gives my phone back. "text me later" he says. i nod and look around. "oh yeah! let's get started, shall we?" he says in a panic. i giggle and we sit down.

-time skip-

"and this is a G major," harry says while playing it on his guitar. i copy him and he smiles. "you're doing great, y/n. but sadly, our time is up. i'll see you tomorrow??" he asks and i smile with a nod. "great. well, i'll see you tomorrow!" he says and waves. i wave back and walk out the door.

i walk up to the front desk and the lady smiles. "so, how did it go??" she says.

"it went really good! i'll be back tomorrow." i smile and she does the same. "oh yeah!" i start to grab my wallet, but she stops me.

"don't worry about it. the first lesson is always free." she says and i give her a warm smile.

"thank you so much! i'll see you tomorrow!" i say excitedly and wave. she waves back and i walk out the door.

wow. what a day.

............................................

hey! i hope you liked this chapter! and yes, i know that the britney spears song is from 1999, but in this story, pretend it came out earlier! and also, there will be larry stylinson in this, so i'm sorry if you don't ship it. i just wanted to add a little something to this story, and this is what i thought of :) anyway, i hope you guys are doing good, and staying safe. i love you and tpwk!!!

tell your friends <33