S1 ; Ch25 | "DON'T TELL ME HOW TO GHOST!"

y/n's pov

after we poofed off of the stage, we poofed into the crowd. our instruments went.. somewhere, so it was just us in the crowd. we all watched julie try to explain us, but luke turned to us. "that's wild. they could see us when we were playing, but not when the music ended," he says and we nod.

reggie spoke, "we should double check!" he runs up the stairs to the stage before starting to roll his hips at the audience. me and luke look at each other kinda disturbed. reggie stopped rolling his hips, looking back to see no alive human looking at him. "yeah i don't.. i don't think they can see us." he walks down the steps and comes to my side.

alex sighs, "i wish i couldn't see you."

i groan and cover my eyes, "i want to unsee that." luke chuckles slightly before patting my back as i uncover my eyes.

"okay, people, show's over. let's get back to class, people," one of the older lady hollers, making the kids start to leave the gym. me, luke, and alex follow them out, luke's hand slipping into mine as we walked. the boys decided to go in the hallway and surprise julie, so they get into a pyramid formation.

   "julie!!" they exclaim, making the poor girl jump out of her skin. i stood beside them, a smile on my face as i watched the girl.

   "you! stop doing that! i'm serious," julie glared at us.

reggie was quick to hold his hands up in surrender, "whoa! this one's all on you. we were already here." he pointed to the spot we all stood, "well, actually, we were over there, and then we came over here." i shook my head with a smile, giving reggie a small pat on the shoulder.

luke shook off the brunette's statement, "are we not gonna talk about what just happened?" now all four of us were looking over to julie in excitement.

"yeah, the whole school saw you. it's kinda freaking me out," julie spoke. it would freak me out too if other people saw four ghosts that only i could see—which is also weird but oh well.

alex joined in, "ok, good, 'cause it's kind of freaking me out too. you know, you could see us, and people could see us whenever we play music. and my clothes are made of air, but for some reason, i'm still getting a wedgie." julie gave him a look of disgust, along with the rest of us. "so many questions." he spoke out of breath.

i sighed, "the important thing is that we rocked that place. they were loving you!" i gave her a soft smile, which she returned brightly.

"are you kidding? they loved us," she motioned to all five of us before looking back at me. "that was a great song, y/n. thanks." i sheepishly looked down, blush creeping up my cheeks. luke gave me a soft, playful nudge with his elbow, causing me to look up at him smiling.

reggie spoke up excitedly, "and did you guys see the cheerleaders looking at me? i think they were looking at me." he turns to luke, grabbing his arms to make him look into his eyes. "please tell me they were." julie and i chuckled as luke grabbed reggie's face to look him in the eyes.

"bro, they were looking at you," luke gave him a large smile, his beautiful sparkly teeth shining with light.

reggie lit up, "oh, i knew it!"

alex held up his hands, "i'm so... i'm so confused, you know? the afterlife should come with instructions or a quick start guide or something." i nodded along with him, completely agreeing with what he was saying. you would think the afterlife would be one of two things—going to a nice bright place filled with happiness, or going to a place the complete opposite. but definitely not coming back to the real world twenty-five years later.