S1 ; Ch16 | 'SUNSET CURVE'

3rd person

   the mother was quick as she ran over to her daughter. she quickly called an ambulance and held the girl tightly. her body was cold, and she was barely breathing. she was some-what conscious when she spoke to her mother. "i love you.." was the last thing the teen said before her body went limp. the cries from the mother could be heard by a few blocks down. an ambulance quickly came and took the girl to the hospital. but unfortunately, they didn't make it on time. she was gone.

................................................

los angeles, 2020

   students crowded the hallway as the bell rang. they were talking, going to their lockers, and getting to their classes.

   "heyy underachieverrr," flynn said to the girl that just opened her locker.

   "heyy disappointment," julie says back with a smile on her face. she turns to flynn as flynn starts talking to her.

   "ok, i know you don't want me to ask you this, but have you figured out what you're going to do today?" flynn looks at julie in worry.

   "i'll know in the moment." julie replies.

   "really, jules?" flynn says kind of annoyed. "that's all you're giving me? mrs. harrison said this is your last chance." flynn says.

   "i know, i was there." julie says.

   "hey guys!" a girl says from behind julie. she had brown hair with a few blue streaks and green eyes.

   "hey harley!" julie and flynn say with a warm smile.

   "what're you guys up to??" harley asks and flynn sighs.

   "today's the day.." flynn says and looks to julie.

   "ooh, right..." harley sighs and looks down.

   "see you at the rally!" a girl says. the group of girls roll their eyes and look to see where the talking was coming from.

carrie wilson..

   "ugh, what is she handing out?" flynn says as she rolls her eyes. carrie continues to hand out flyers and the girls look at each other.

   "deperation?" julie snickers earning a 'mm.' from flynn. unfortunately, carrie makes her way to the group with a smug smile on her face.

   "here you go. my group's performing at the spirit rally tomorrow," carrie hands the girls flyers. the girls fake smile. "i'm sure you guys have nothing better to do."

   "oh my gosh, carrie. thanks!" harley says sarcastically looking excited.

   "oh my gosh, harley. don't bother coming!" carrie replies and harley rolls her eyes. carrie eventually walks away and the girls all look at each other. well, except julie. flynn crumbles the flyer in her hand and looks at carrie with a death glare. but julie bites her lip and looks at nick.

   "nick?," flynn looks at him with disgust. "still? you know they're gonna get married and have a bunch of unholy babies." she looks at julie.

   "nick's a sweetheart," julie says to flynn with a smile.

   "you'd actually have to talk to him to know that." harley says with a grin. flynn nods her head.

   "and only one of them has to be a demon to make a demon baby.." she tells julie. "demon!" she says loudly and looks over to carrie. carrie snaps her head towards the girls and they quickly look away and snicker. the girls chuckle and say their 'goodbyes' before leaving to their next class.

...............................................

   nick strums his guitar and a riff plays. when he finished, everyone cheers and claps. carrie giggles and continues to clap. "wow!"

   "nice job, nick!" mrs. harrison says impressed. "almost as impressive as your game against glendale." she smirks and everyone chuckled. "ok, we have one last performance.." she claps, "julie?"

julie hesitantly gets out of her chair and makes her way to the piano. harley and flynn look at each hopefully smile at each other. they turn their attention back to julie and she sets her music down. julie sighs and sits down. she looks at mrs. harrison and she gives julie a reassuring look. "take your time."

julie opens the piano and sighs as she sets her fingers on the keys. but soon takes her fingers off and flynn and harley stand up. julie gets up and looks at mrs. harrison. "i'm sorry." julie says. harley and flynn sighs and they look back to julie.

"is this when we clap?" carrie smirks and harley and flynn give her a glare.

"watch it, carrie." they say and storm out following julie.

...............................................

julie enters her mom's old studio and sighs. she slowly walks over to the piano and takes off the cover. her fingers trail on the piano as she walks over to the keys. she finds a song that her mother wrote for her. she sits down on the piano bend and looks up.

"i'm so sorry, mom.." she says shakily. "that i haven't been here." she sighs and gets up.

she makes her way to a ladder that led to a small loft. she climbs up the ladder and finds a bunch of old instruments. she looks at them in amazement and looks down.

a cd. that wrote...

'sunset curve'

...............................................

hey! i hope you liked this chapter! i really enjoyed writing it! i love you guys so much, and tpwk!! <3

tell your friends <33