S1 ; Ch19 | "IDIOTS.."

.......................................

"there we go," ray molina says while placing a bowl of spaghetti onto the table. and julie and her little brother carlos are setting the table. "ok, let's do this." they all take a seat and lay their arms onto the table to pray. "your turn, carlos." ray says while bowing his head.

"thank you for our left overs, and the power of the mighty microwave. amen." carlos ends with a small smirk.

"amen." julie repeats and they get their food onto their plates.

"so," ray says while scoping spaghetti out of the bowl and onto julie's plate, "carlos tells me, he found you in the studio.."

"she was out there talking to herself." carlos spoke as julie felt a flow of anxiety wash over her.

"i was rehearsing for a play." julie plays it off with a nervous chuckle.

"hello, hello!"

"oh, busted!" carlos says quickly while grabbing the silverware from the empty spot at the table and hides them.

"we're in here!" ray says while the trio quickly hides the evidence of them still setting up a place for the empty spot.

"ah! spaghetti. again." she says slightly annoyed as she walks over to the counter. "i brought you my pasteles and arroz con pollo."

"yum!" ray says.

julie hums in response, "thanks, tia. it smells great." she smiles with her mouth partly full.

"you can have it tomorrow," she says making her way to the fridge. "i can't let you have leftovers every night. my sister would kill me." she places the food into the fridge and walks over to the table. "may she rest in peace."

"oh... i see things here are going better?" she asks, seeing the missing plate and silverware at the empty seat.

   "actually," ray spoke and paused for a second, "julie has been cleaning out mom's studio.." ray says and everybody looks at julie then back to ray. "hopefully, we can get the house on the market and some offers soon."

   "well, i like the sound of that. moving from here is only gonna help you move on." tia says with a small smile on her face.

   then out of nowhere, luke, y/n, alex, and reggie all walk through the door. they look to where the talking is coming from and they see julie eating dinner. they start looking around and slowly walking towards the family.

   "you've got to rip that band-aid off and get the pain over with," tia says and julie looks over to the boys and girl. her eyes go wide and she yells. the ghosts stop in their tracks and everyone looks at julie in concern.

   julie nervously chuckles, "hehe that's me.. ripping of the band-aid." she more quietly makes a yell noise and carlos chuckles.

   tia softly grabs julie's chin, "there's my brave girl!"

   "hey julie! i really like what you guys did with the place." luke whispers down to julie and grins.

   "-you shouldn't be here." julie sternly warned them and her aunt gasps.

   "oh, i'm just here to help, mija!" tia responds and rubs julie's shoulder gently.