S1 ; Ch5 | "THAT'S MY GIRL"

.........................................

the next day...

when me and katrina woke up, we walked to my house because her house wasn't to far from mine. we practically ran there because we had to be at the school in a few hours.

   as i was running, i thought about luke. should i tell him that we're leaving? no y/n. you don't need to think about him right now. you're going on vacation for crying out loud! this trip is about you and katrina. ugh. it's still going to be hard. i miss him so much, but i had to do it. i couldn't take it anymore.

........................................

"bye mom! i love you so much! and take care of yourself!" i say as i'm about to walk out the door, but i stop and turn back.

i give her the biggest bear hug ever, and she gladly does the same. "oh my baby's going on a trip on her own." she says as she wipes away fake tears. i laugh at her comment.

"don't worry mom, i'm only gonna be gone for a few months. take care of yourself, okay?" i choked out. i'm really going to miss her. but also, i was thinking about luke.

"i will, i promise. same goes for you, be careful and have fun!" she gives me another hug.

   "we will mom! i love you so much!" i say and she says the same. we walk outside and i got my bike. katrina brought hers as well, so we didn't need to go back to her house.

   and then we were going to the airport. i looked at my surroundings and thought about how much i'll miss it. even tho i'm only going to be gone for a few months.

.......................................

   we were boarding the plane and got to our seats. i was a little bit nervous because i've never flown on a plane before. i brought a teddy bear that luke gave me when we first started dating. i hug it tightly, mostly so katrina couldn't see it, but also because it helps me calm down a bit. but sadly i failed at hiding it. "what is that?" kat pointed at my teddy bear.

"uhh it's just a teddy bear." i look down at it and my eyes start getting watery.

"ugh. i know that's a bear that luke gave you." she said as she tried to take it from me. "you need to move on, y/n. you can't be holding onto everything he gave you and just regret you decisions and miss him." she said kind of annoyed.

i pushed her hand away. "what makes you think i can move on so quickly?! i just broke up with him last night, and you expect me to just forget about him completely? i love him so much. more than he will ever know, and you think i shouldn't be sad?!" i say and she looks at me in shock. "sorry, i'm just not in the mood right now."

"look y/n, i'm sorry for upsetting you, but you need to push the thought of him back and enjoy our vacation!" she smiled and put her hand back onto my shoulder. i smiled and looked down.

"yeah, i guess you're right. this is a long awaited vacation that we needed. no boys should ever cross our minds right now." she smiles.

"that's my girl. now, it's going to be a long flight, so i hope you brought stuff to do." she says as she takes out an adult coloring book out. that's one thing i love about katrina. she loves art and she's a great artist. i think she'll really get somewhere with her art one day.

i took out a book that i brought with me, and kept the other three in my bag. i opened the first page and started reading.

........................................

"hello passengers, we are about to land, so would please put your seat belts on and get ready to get off. thank you for flying with our airlines and have an amazing time in italy!"

the lady said into the airplane speakers. me and katrina both out our stuff away and put our seat belts on. i smiled to myself as i put my teddy bear in my bag.

.........................................

the plane finally landed and we were in italy. in a whole new country! i am so excited to explore and go to all of the beautiful places here.

the moment we stepped out of the plane, i felt the warm sun on my body. it felt amazing because the airplane was really cold.

i stepped onto the ground and waited for katrina. she she got to me, i took her hand and we walked to our teacher. "okay kids, find a partner to do everything with and stay with them. we will be taking a bus to our hotel and there are four people to a room."

   great. two other people that me and katrina don't know will be sleeping in the same room as us. we're the only people we know other than our teacher, ms basil.

.........................................

hey! sorry if the the plane part was wrong. i've never been on a plane before so i don't really know what you do before you land. anyway i hope you have an amazing day and tpwk!!

tell your friends <33