The business starts when they say

(Zindelo's P.O.V)
Me and Tommy walked inside the Garrison and went straight to the bar. The customers immediatly went quieter as we stepped foot inside the building. I saw Freddie Thorne sitting with his mates in one of the corners. Both of us ignored it and went straight to the bar where Harry gave us a bottle of whiskey "on the house, Sirs". Tommy grabbed two coins from his pcolet and put it down on the bar. I heard footsteps come towards me and my brother. "I'll take a mild" it was Freddie. Both me and Tom ignored him fully as I sipped on my drink and Tom took hits from his cigarette. I watched an arm go past me and slide one coin from Thomas pile and slid it away. Thomas chuckled at the nerves of Freddie while Harry just stood in shock. "Cheers, Thomas and Sonny. Good health to both of you" Freddie said and took a drink. I scoffed as he used my nickname. He then had the audacity of grabbing my cap from the table, examinig the razor blades that were sewn into them. "Crown of prince. Soon to be King, I'd bet" he said throwing it back on the bar. "You don't bet" Tommy stated, "no. But these past few days I've been speculating" he answered, "good for you" I sighed and took another drink. "About what" Tommy asked the other man. Freddie explained that one of his union comrades has a sister who works in the telegraph office at the BSA factory. They had a lot of message come through from Winston Churchill. He pushed himself between me and Tommy. "Something about a robbery. A robery of national significance, it said" he said with a confident tone. The sister found a list of names that was left. It had his and Tommy's names on there. "What kind of a list would have the name of a communist and the name of a bookmaker side by side?" He asked as he looked at Tommy. "Perhaps its a list of men who give false hope to the poor" Tommy simply stated. He turned to look Freddie in the eye amd they stared at each other. "the only difference between Tommy and you, Freddie. Is that sometimes his horses stand a chance of winning" I said as I leaned closer to him. Giving him no personal space between me and Tom. He chuckled as he looked at me. "You know I heard about the cutting and beating you went through. It makes me wonder how long you would've lasted for if they didn't show up" he said coming into my face. "Longer than you" I replied with a low voice. Suddenly the doors of the Garrison slammed open and everyone started yelling. It was Danny. He was going mental once again. Tommy and Freddie went straight into action and quickly got him on the ground. They told him he was home in England and not in France. Soon he calmed down. He apologized and Tom told him to go to home to his wife. Harry told us that we should do something about Danny. Freddie sided with him and told us we should put a bullet in his head like you do with mad horses. Tommy grabbed his cap from beside me and put it on before walking away. "Bring the bill to the Peaky Blinders. We'll take care of it" he called out to Harry before walking further. I stayed in my place. "Aren't you supposed to follow him like a dog?" Freddie asked and walked back to me. I looked at him and licked the edge of my teeth. "Go bore someone else with your questions, Freddie" I said with a growl. I tried. He chuckled and patted me on the shoulder before leaving me alone. I grabbed my drink amd downed everything down before walking away. I walked outside and lit a cigarette before walking to the bettingshop.

I arrived in the shop and some occupients went quieter. "Zindelo" Polly immediatly called out to me as she saw me. She was standing in the doorway of Tommy's and my shared office. My gaze quickly went to John and Arthur who were doing other things. Writing down the bets, yelling for people to shut up, etcetera. I moved towards her and walked inside the office. I saw Tom sit in his chair behind his desk and I made my way to my desk. I sat down on my blackwooden desk and crossed my arms over each other. Before looking over at Polly. She grabbed a newspaper that was on Tommy's desk and handed it to me. I grabbed it and read it. The article stated that there was a new policeman who was about to be stationed in Birmingham following the loss of a consignment of guns from the BSA factory. "You two want to tell me something?" She asked crossing her arms as she looked between me and Tommy with a scowl. We each explained a bit of the story. Our men had gotten drunk before doing there routine pick-up and accidentally took the wrong crate. It contained Lewis machine guns, ammunition, semi-automatic rifles, and pistols with shells. "We'll dump the guns as soon as it is full moon, alright" I said with a sigh. She stepped towards me and snatched the newspaper from me before smacking me across the back of my head with her hand. Apperantly I was disrespecting her or something. Tommy chuckled at the sight "Zindelo is right. We'll dump them, don't worry". Finally Polly dropped the topic and left our office. "Fucking hell" I said with anger and annoyence in my voice. I saw some paper on my desk and hit them from the table. "You need to control that anger, brother" Tommy said before taking another hit of his cigarette. I looked over at him. "Before you get someone killed". "This anger, got me fucking home. So Im not getting rid of it" I said lighting a cigarette as I pointed at him before sitting down in my chair.

Published: 3rd of December 2020