Demonstration of loyalty

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
I followed my brothers towards the livingroom where Zindelo was. He was slumped on the couch with his feet on the coffee table in front of him. "Get up, Sonny" Arthur said loudly pushing Zindello's legs from table, "we found them". "Found who?" he asked sitting up straight on the couch and looking up at our oldest brother. Arthur laughed turning to me and John giving us a quick look before turning back to my twin brother. "The Red Dogs of course" he said spreading his arms in excitement. "So?" Zindelo asked clueless. "They robbed us and we are going to pay them a visit" John explained. Zindelo turned to me before asking what they took from us. It was mostly money and some racing documents that they stole. But it was more the fact that you don't fuck with the Peaky Blinders without getting away with it. "Alright, have fun. Tell them I said hi" Zindelo said before returning to read the newspaper. Arthur snatched the paper from his hands before roughly pulling him to his feet "Oh, your coming with us, soldier".

"So what is the plan?" Zindelo asked as we looked down at the red barn that was in the valley below. "Going in and shoot them all" John said loading his revolver and I could see a hint of anger glow in his eyes. "Is that how you did it in the tunnels?" Zindelo asked, "go it without a plan and hope you hit someone?". "Not all of us can be snipers, brother" John snapped back, it sounded angry but it held that brotherly love. "John, Arthur. You go left. Me and Zindelo will go to the right" I explained to everyone. I turned to Zindelo and motioned for him to follow me. Zindelo scoffed "why are we here, Tom? Yes, they stole from us. So, what. They are not worth our time". "Why? Did he seriously ask why?" I asked looking over at John and Arthur. "Because no one messes with the Peaky Blinders and get's away with it" I growled stepping towards him, "because if we release our heels of their necks, they will find the numbers to come for us and end our reign". We held a glaring contest, neither of us submitting to the others. "Or is killing getting to much for you brother? Are you getting soft?". He scoffed darkly at me.

He loaded his gun while glaring at us all, before he angrily walked away

He loaded his gun while glaring at us all, before he angrily walked away. I looked over to my brothers, all of us where confused at his sudden change of demeanor. Something seemed off with our brother, but then again, it always is something with our brother. I brushed it off as one of Zindelo's tantrums and followed him down to the barn. Like soldiers, we sneaked closer towards the barn in the darkness that the night provided for us. We reach the barn and we crouch down to listen if we can hear anything in the barn. Nothing, it was completely silent. I put my hand up and showed three fingers before putting them one by one. When none of them where up, Zindelo kicked the door down and we went inside. I lowered my gun confused, there was no one here and Zindelo turned towards me with a look that read 'I told you so'. Looking around, I only saw sleeping bags, wooden crates and barrels and some other stuff. They definitely set camp here. "Come on" I said walking past my brother, "we need to find the place where they stored the money". " Might be in the saddleroom" Zindelo offered, "it's upstairs". I nodded and the two of us walked towards the stairs. Arriving upstairs I saw a door at the end of the barn. Me and my brother walked towards it. We stayed silent but I watched him from the corner of my eye. He looked calm, he wasn't looking around for danger. Like he has been here before. But maybe it was a sniper thing, staying calm was part of the job. He had told me before that even when the enemy had infiltrated the room, he trusted on his buddy to kill them, while he took out the onces on the battlefield or the streets. I remember hearing him explain how bullets flew past him or hit the ground or walls beside him, yet he never flinched or moved away from his target. Maybe he trusts me enough to keep him safe so he can do his job. I stopped in front of the door before deciding to kick it in. Both me and Zindelo frantically scanned the room with our guns and finger on the trigger. But like downstairs, this room was also empty. "How did you know this was the saddleroom?" I asked my brother suspiscious as I ran a hand over a covered in dust saddle. He shrugged as he to traced a hand over one of the saddles "I knew this place from long ago". I nodded eventhough I was not satisfied with his answer but I let it go none the less and told him to search for the racing documents and money. Draws, cabinets, saddlebaggs and underneath loose planks is where we searched for them. Eventually, when I moved another loose plank aside I found it. "Got it. Now let's go" I said showing my brother the documents and the money. He took the money from me and counted it. "Stole more than I thought" he said suprised. "Are we on the same page now, brother?" I asked him sharp before pushing past him. As we went down, I faintly heard a pair of voices. "Come on, Shelby's!" I heard one of them call out, "we knew you would come". "Get inside and kill them". Me and Zindelo immediatly dove for cover as soon as the first bullets began to fly around us. "We have to get out of here" Zindelo said beside me as he continued to shoot at the Red Dogs. I watched Zindelo ran towards the entrance of the barn. He made it without getting hit. "Go on!" he yelled to me. I moved when Zindelo provided cover for me, but it was strange that he missed most of the bullets. But I couldn't think about it longer because when I was about to run through the entrance something blew up. I flew backwards and struck one of the wooden crates breaking it. I groaned in pain and opened my eyes. "We got one!" one of the Red Dogs yelled as he ran towards me. He stepped over me and I saw that he had a gun in his hand, ready to fire it off. I quickly grabbed a hold of it and tried to hold it away from me. But the boy was slowly pushing the barrel towards my head. I saw my brother in the entrance to the barn "Zindelo!" I called for my brother, "Zindelo, I need help!". But he didn't move to help me out. A pang of betrayel filled my stomach as I watched him step back. He left, he left me to die, just like that. His own twin brother. I turned back to face the barrel of the gun. Then the sound of a gun being fired off filled the air. My eyes instantly shutting as I waited for my death. But it never came, not for me atleast. My eyes snapped open and I saw the boy, who stood above me, fall limp to the floor next to me. I was confused at what happened and I looked around trying to figure out what had happened. "Come on, Tommy. We got you" Arthur said coming up to me with an extended hand and he helped me up.

(Zindelo's P.O.V.)
I was sitting on a chair in Tommy's office. Thomas stood in front of me, Arthur and John to my left and right. We had been have an argument for the last hour on what had happened at the barn. "Why did you run?" Tom asked, he was starting to get pissed with me, but still managed to keep calm. I looked up at my brother. "I did no such thing. Don't be a fool" I snapped at him. "Then why didn't you do something" he said and I heard his anger rise in the tone of his voice. "What the hell was I supposed to do, huh? Run through that fucking fire that had started after that explosion?" I yelled at him, "I told you, all of you! I was trying to find another way to help you out". But Tommy was not believing my words no matter how hard I tried.

He spat at me

He spat at me. My jaw clenched in anger but I stood up "As you wish" I said through gritted teeth before turning on my heel and walking out his office.

(Arthur's P.O.V)
"Arthur, John" Tommy spoke after Zindelo had left the room. "I want to know Zindelo's whereabouts every second of the day. I think he might be betraying us this time. So put some men on it". Both John and I nodded confirming the order before walking out to get to work.

Published: 24th of april 2022