Interrogation

(Zindelo's P.O.V.)
I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. I saw Polly sitting on a kitchen chair drinking some tea. "Morning Aunt Pol" I said while grabbing a mug for some tea. She nodded at me and sipped on her drink. I quickly poured in my drink. "It's cold" she stated without looking at me. My eyes quickly glanced at her before back at the mug. I placed down the teapot and grabbed my cup bringing it to my mouth and taking a drink. It was indeed cold but I could care less about a cold drink. I like iced tea to be honest. I leaned back against the counter and closed my eyes. Taking in the silence of the room. After I finished my tea I turned around and put the cup on the countertop. Without saying  a word I walked over to the door, ready to leave for work. "That new copper is in town" Polly said. I felt my hand grip the doorhandle at the mention of him. "So be carefull". I kept quiet and the silence lasted for a couple of seconds before I opened the door completely. I walked through it before closing it behind me. I was going to see Charlie. I grabbed a cigarette from my pocket and light it up as my feet hit the cobblestone. People moved out of my way, so they wouldn't be the one to interupt my stride. I turned in an alleyway and walked past some hanging clothes from the windows, a couple of stray dogs fighting over a bone. That's when I stopped in my track, the feeling of a cold cillinder being pressed against the side of my head. I smirked at the confidence of this person. He is either cocky or just plain right stupid. It didn't last long before I felt the gun being knocked against my head. It wasn't that hard of a hit to knock me out but it made my vision incredible blurry and a ringing was evident in my ear. I felt 2 pair of hands grab me under my arms pulling me with them into an abandoned building. The two of them stepped in front of me and gave me a couple of good punches to the stomach and face. Before dragging me to a chair and throwing me on it. I trailed my tongue across my teeth and lip getting the taste of blood on my tastebuds. I heard a door open and I looked up giving the person a cold stare. "Well, well, well if it isn't Zindelo Shelby" the new man said as he stepped closer to me, "returned from the dead I see". I knew immediatly who this person was without even knowing them. It was that new fucking cop, inspector Campbell. He threw something on my lap. It was a file that contained everything about me. Where I was born, my looks and personality. But mostly my war record. Specifically that I went MIA after an ambush and after a year gone good ol' England declared me dead. "Congratulations, you know who I am. So what" I said with boredom in my voice as I rolled my eyes. "One of the top dogs of the Peaky Blinders" he said as he slowly walked around me. He stopped in front of me and roughly grabbed a hold of my chin. We stared each other down. He didn't like me fighting back so I was slapped across my face. My head immediatly snapping to the side and I spat some blood to the ground. "Now Mr Shelby, the only thing that interest me is the truth" he said looking down at me. "you've confused truth with money" I said with a sly scoff, I leaned forward "you coppers are all the fucking same". I was grabbed and my head was smashed into the wall. "What do you know about the robbery" he said pushing my face further into the wall. I chuckled and looked at him. "First rule of interrogations. Never start with the head, makes them fuzzy". I knew I was getting under his skin, that was my plan. He could beat me all he want but I won't say anything. I was thrown back on the chair and it was pulled back on two legs. A potatoe sack was pulled over my head and I knew they were gonna waterboard me. There came the water and I had to remain calm so I wouldn't waste prescious air. I felt the chair be put down on four legs again. "Let me ask you this again. What do you know about the robbery?" I heard Mr Campbell ask me from my right. "I know that there is a necklace missing on fourty-sixth street" I replied. Even without vision I could see that he was getting pissed at me. The sack was pulled from my head and a knife was pressed against my throat. "Don't play with me son" he said with a warning tone. I held my mouth shut and challenged him. "What do you know about the robbery" he asked with a warning as he pressed the knife harder into my skin, cutting it open and letting blood drip to the floor.

I groaned at the sting but glared at him

I groaned at the sting but glared at him. A smirk came back on my face as I saw him getting even angrier as he learned that I wasn't going to break anytime soon. "There is no need to repeat your question, Mr Campbell. I already ignored you the first couple of times" I said with no emotion. Inspector Campbell glared at me before lowering the knife and stepping back. He straightend his coat before looking at the men behind me. "Last time Mr Shelby" he said lowering his gaze down at me, "tell me about the robbery". I ignored his gaze and looked at some other stuff around the room. He nodded at the men before walking out the door he came into. He probably would be back later. The men where just here to break me even more. I heard one of the men crack his knuckles from behind me. I smirked as I looked straight ahead. "Go ahead lads, do you absolute worst" I told them. I was certain they would infact do their absolute worst on me.

Published: 8th of December 2020