Caught like a mouse in a trap

(Zindelo's P.O.V.)
I walked across the streets of Small Heath. Everyone looked at me with suprised faces and quickly moved out my way. But they would whisper amongst themselves. I even saw some young blinders quickly move away to find one of my brothers. Everyone knows all to well that I had shot at my brothers. But I just ignored all of them and walked into the Garrison with a confidence stride. Immediatly the room went quiet as most of them stared me down with anger. In my head I smirked. I passed some blinders who gripped their guns a little tighter as I walked towards the bar. "Good evening, Harry" I said with a smooth voice. He stayed quiet from nerves but soon greeted me back. "Evening, Mr Shelby". I smirked at his hesitation at even greeting me. I knew he just greeted me because I still have the power even when everyone knows I am alone. I lean on the bar with my arms and look up at Harry. "One bourban" I told him. Again he hesitated and lookes at the other blinders who where watching my every move. "I was told not to serve you anymore, Mr Shelby" Harry told me. "Whose orders?" I asked him, eventhough I knew who had given that order. "By order of the peaky fooking blinders" one of the blinders sneered at me. I turned around and smiled my famous smile that basically mocks my opponent. "Well hello boys" I said to the group who I had trained. Oscar, the one who had talked, pointed his gun at me. "I suggest you run back to your hideout in the woods before I put a bullet in your brains" he sneered. I chuckled at him. "Oh Ozzy" I said mockingly and stepped forward to him. Still the little beta in him took control over his body and stepped back slightly as I came into his bubble, "you're not going to shoot me". "Your brothers put a really good fucking price on your head if we kill you. So shooting you is quite tempting" He snapped at me and smirked. "Let me guess. Some money?" I asked him. By the look on his face I knew that it was money that was the price on my head. "But think about what you can get if you bring me to my brothers alive. A car? I know you always wanted a car. Or even better, a promotion? From the soldier that is always around the blood and the puke to a corporal? Or even a captain?" I said manipulating him to change his mind. It didnt take long for him to rethink and I smirked as I saw him lower the gun. He holstered it back before showing a smirk. I knew what he was playing at. "Be very carefull with what you're thinking. Remember, I trained all of you in hand-to-hand combat" I told everyone around me. Silence surrounded me as every man gave each other a look. "So what is it going to be boys?" I said with a low voice. It took one second before the all charged at once. I thaught them well with that, but I was dissapointed with the execution off it. Because they all randomly swung their fists in different direction. Not focussing on where they wanted to hit. Meanwhile I was hitting every single punch. Everyone was on the ground groaning and I turned to Oscar who was the last one left. We looked at each other and I saw the fear grow in his eyes. I threw my punch making him black out as soon as his head snapped to the side. Then the bang of a gunshot filled the Garrison and I turned to the sound.

"You missed" I chuckled to my brothers, specifically Thomas who had fired the gun

"You missed" I chuckled to my brothers, specifically Thomas who had fired the gun. They all where standing in the doorway as they glared at me. "I advise you to pick the easier option and surrender, Zindelo" Thomas told me. A scoff escaped my lips. "Now why would I do that?" I asked him. "Cause I have no fooking problem to go the hard way" Arthur said angry. I quirked an eyebrow at him and smirked before adverting my eyes at Tommy. I gave him a look that only he knows what it meant. "Very well" I said with a sigh. I lowered down on my knees and put my hands up before looking back up at my family.

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
The door behind me and my siblings opened and in walked Inspector Campbell with some coppers. "Zindelo Shelby, you are once again under arrest. This time its for attempt at murder" Campbell said as two coppers handcuffed Zindelo. "Homicide" Zindelo stated cocky. "What?" Chester asked, "not murder. Attempt at homicide" he snirked. He was roughly stood up and I looked over at Mr Campbell. "We had a deal" I said to him. "Indeed we have" Mr Campbell replied before nodding to one of the other coppers. "They are outside". I nodded and walked outside with my brothers close behind. "Daddy" my children yelled running towards me. I hugged them and relief filled my veins. We all then looked at Zindelo who was being walked to the back of a truck that was used to transport prisoners. He was pushed into it and he immediatly looked over at me. No one besides me saw Zindelo wink and I gave a slight nod back. The two of us were happy that our plan was working perfectly, it also helps that no one else knows about it besides us. Now onto the next part. Getting Zindelo out of jail.

Published: 9th of September 2021