A work horse

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
I walk into the house and was immediatly stopped by Aunt Polly. "There are coppers in town questioning Zindelo's death" she told me, "people also thought they saw him walk in and out of brothels and pubs down in London". I had to withhold the urge to show an annoyed face, but thankfully I could hold my emotions under control. "He's dead, Pol" I told her calmly. But by her face I could tell she wasn't so sure anymore "I know that there was a body in the wagon. But I'm just not so sure anymore if that was Zindelo" she said softly shaking her head. "I told you that I had shot him in his head. He didn't look good, so to give him some respect we decided to cover him up". I could still see she wasn't so sure by my statement. I sighed "I can go to London to have a look if that's what you want". She thought for a moment but nodded. I turned around and walked out so I could go to London.

I walked through the building, specifically, Alfie's backery. "Where is he?" I asked loudly searching around. "Tommy, Shalom!" Alfie greeted me while opening his arms, "where is he?" I asked him, frustration clear in my face. "Where's who?" Alfie questioned, "my brother!" I told him, "I'm right here" I heard a tired sounding Zindelo. I turned around and saw him walk up to me and Alfie.

(Pikey needs to be Gypsy or Romani

(Pikey needs to be Gypsy or Romani. Whichever you prefer)

"I've got to ask myself, have I made a mistake with providing him a place" Alfie said nodding at Zindelo who had messy hair. Probably from just waking up. Zindelo rolled his eyes at Alfie but smirked at him before turning to me and raised an eyebrow in question. Before he could ask me what I was doing here. I grabbed him by his collar and smashed him against a post behind him. Instantly the tired state he was in was gone and he was on full alert as he reached his hands up to my wrists. "You fucking bastard! You are supposed to lay low. Not fuck around in brothels and pubs" I tell him with a growl. "Oh come on, brother. After having a near death expierence, don't you think I deserve to have some fun" he snickered, "since when is being shot with a bullet filled with sheeps brain, a near death expierence?" Alfie questioned not specifically to anyone. "then have fun here" I snarled at Zindelo and roughly let him go. He scoffed at me "the lads here aren't really my type" and shrugged his shoulders. "Then suck it up. Because you'll get hanged if they find out your still alive" I tell him. I saw his hand trace the scar from the rope burn on his neck from the previous attempt of hanging him. "What do you want me to do Tom? Huh?" He asked me with frustration, "I told you. You stay low. Don't bring attention to yourself or us" I told him, "I'm a work horse, not a show pony, Tommy. I can't just sit around, I need to work" he said annoyed after hearing I wasn't here to give him a job. I looked at him before turning around to grab a bottle of Alfie's rum. "Then make some rum for Mr Solomons" I ordered him. He gave me a 'are you serious' look. "Demoted from the most dangerous Sniper to a simple rum maker. You don't see that everyday" Alfie said with a chuckle, "this simple rum maker can still make a bomb out of this bottle" Zindelo said annoyed while waving the bottle in his hand. "Oh, I have no doubt in that" Alfie smirked. "Zindelo" I called to my brother who was walking away from me and Alfie to go work. He stopped and turned around to look at me. "Rum" I told him and pointed at the bottle, "nothing else. Or I'll shoot you with a bullet the next time" I told him before walking away after earning a chuckle from Zindelo "one with sheep brains? Or a fully lead one?" He called after me with cheekiness. "A lead one!".

Published: 19th of october 2022