I head to the room, and look at her things. There's nothing that she doesn't have. She has every game that she likes, and I have what she doesn't have. We share our games, so I don't think that games would be a nice gift.

"Kenma? What are you sighing for?" I turn to her and see her right by the door. "What? It's just me, don't look at me like I'm some kind of ghost."

Well, you came at me like you were one. "I was just looking for something. My uhm.. belt." Since when did I use a belt?

"Why would your belt be in that cabinet?" I know that.. I can't make excuses. "Plus, do you even use one?" She chuckles and gives me a kiss on the cheek. "You should get changed and rest, you seem like you're lost."

She gives me another kiss on the cheek, leaving me all alone in this room. "Belt? Seriously? We just got home. Idiot... Kenma, Idiot."

~~~

(Y/n) has school today, and I have work. I didn't attend college to focus on other things, but she wanted to focus on her studies. I don't like the idea of leaving her alone though.

I'm just waiting for her to get ready, playing video games to pass time. A gift.. A gift... What would be a nice birthday gift? S.. not that.

"Kenma let's go." I look at her, choking on my saliva when I saw in a crop top--fitted crop top. "You okay?"

"Since when did you wear clothes like that?" I wipe my mouth with the back of my hand, eyeing her from head-to-toe.

"Uhm, way back in high school?" High school.. yeah, high school. "Why?" I shake my head and shove my phone into my pocket.

"It's just.. too much for me." She looks at me, suddenly bursting into laughter. "Why are you laughing?"

"Kenma, I think I know what's too much.. and so do you." She chuckles, and I can feel my cheeks heat up. She's having dirty thoughts.

"L-Let's just leave." She nods as a way of teasing. "Instead of acting like that.... why don't you give me a hint on what you want." I mumble and she turns to me, I just shake my head and head out.

Driving there, I can only hum in response to her questions. I'm too distracted with her birthday. I still have no idea on what to give her. Why is it so hard to think of one for such a simple girl?

Nothing too grand, or else I'd only hear her complain about spending too much. I mean, using money isn't really a problem, but she'll still get mad or you know, complain rather than thank me.

I park at the stop near her department building, looking around only to see a lot of guys. There are more guys at her department than I thought. There.. isn't anyone.. trying to hit on her, is there?

"I'll see you later." She kissed my cheek and headed out. Just then, a guy approached her.

"Who the hell?" I get off the car, keeping my eye on the guy.

"Here, uhm.. the notes for the exam." So he's a senior? "I want you to have it." He has a crush on her, I swear. "Also.. I--" I clear my throat, catching both of their attention.

"You haven't left yet?" She walks over to me, and I kiss her cheek, wrapping an arm around her waist to keep her away from him. "Oh right. This is Hizumi-san, just my senior, and Hizumi-san this is my boyfriend."

The guy looks a bit surprised. Thinking about this, I've seen him before, but I guess he just never knew she had me. This guy has been clueless for a while, and he's only realized it now.