2

Prompt: "Merry Christmas Boon."

...

I was home for the holidays, back in Nashville Tennessee. I didn't want to be here however. I wanted to be back in Los Angeles with my friends.

My mom forced me to come home and spend time away from "that life" as she calls it. Since I've been back home, I have barely even left my room.

Due to it being Christmas Eve, I do have to leave my room. I had been getting ready for the past hour or so, making tik toks as I go. Fixing my mascara, I heard my phone buzz. It buzzed again. Then again and again, and well, you get it. I picked it up and went straight to the group hat that was being blown up.

nach bitches

banana: you ready buggy?

me: as ready as i'll ever be.

ava: we just want you to know we're so proud of you adeline.

cynthia: ^^im so proud of my baby

sab: we love you so much addy.

eva: i love you adeline. so freaking proud.

madi: I LOVE U BITCHH. GO GET EM

me: if i call, just buy a plane ticket lmao

anna: everything will be fine love

lauren: 😏😏 (btw im super duper proud of u addy. i love u more than you know!)

I smiled at how supportive my best friends were being. Closing off my phone, I heard my parents call me down for dinner. As I ran down the stairs not wanting to get yelled at my sister smiled. She knew what I was up to and supported me all the way. Her smile had a comforting manner, but that didn't take away the profound butterflies I had.

"You look gorgeous honey!" My mom comes towards me, wrapping me in a hug. I take this hug, knowing it might as well be my last with her.

My parents are super conservative and religious, the opposite of me. My step-dad doesn't like me as it is, so I have an instinct that this will go south very quick.

My sister was helping set the table as my step-dad took photos of my my mom and I.

"Adeline, take a picture with Todd." I grimaced at his name.

"No." My sassy voice came out by accident and I was given the death glare by my mother.

"Liz, she doesn't have to take a picture with me if she doesn't want to." Todd actually being nice? Wow!

"Well I don't so...let's eat." Walking over to the table, I pull out my chair and sit. Everyone else comes over and sits.

"Say grace Adeline." I reach out for my mom and sisters hands, then bow my head. I say a quiet and fast grace, much to my mother's disapproval.

Once I finish, we dig in. There's small conversations between Leah, my sister, and I. Todd and mom are off in their own world. Their own galaxy.