5

Prompt: Sometimes people need a break to grow as individuals.

TW: !mentions of self harm! if you deal with these thoughts i want to let you know i'm ALWAYS here. hmu if y'all need anything at anytime. love you guys.

...

"anna i can't be with you! you can't commit and i'm just going to end up getting hurt. one week you're in love with me and the next you hate me and love chase or jake or fucking someone else! i've tried to talk to you but you just brush it off." i yelled back to the girl dragging my suitcase down the stairs.

"i promise i'll change! please eden! where are you going?!" anna yelled, her voice shaking.

"i'm going home anna! i can't be around you without wanting to kiss you! you can't even recuperate those feelings. i mean you can for a day but then you push me so far away-" i roll my suitcase all the way to the front door.

"what's going on?" a sleepy eva peeked her head out of the downstairs hallway followed by cynthia and madi.

"i'm going home. i just need a break from this. all this shit!" i said to the girls, tears pouring from my red eyes. i opened up the front door shivering at the cold air.

"just close the door eden. we can talk about this!" anna shouted from the stairs. i watched as she ran down the stairs hurriedly.

"oh so now you want to talk? hm?! now you care! woulda look at that anna shumate cares!"eva, madi, and cynthia had gotten closer to me.

"i've always cared! i love you eden! you know that." anna was crying coming closer to me.

my heart stung in pain, "you don't get to say what i know and what i don't! that's the first time you've expressed your true feelings and quite frankly i don't give two fucks now you feel! i hate you anna shumate. i never want to see you again. don't talk to me. don't text me. leave me the fuck alone."

i turned walking out the front door, lugging my suitcase down the stairs.

"eden please. don't do this. i need you!" i felt a hand grab my wrist and i quickly shook it off. i turned sending a slap across anna's face.

"don't touch me! you don't get that privilege. you're just as bad as bad as daniel." i spat at her watching pain shoot across her eyes as i brought up my emotionally abusive ex.

"e-eden. i'm, i'm nothing like him! he abused you-i-i love you."

"you're just like him." i whisper to her yanking off the necklace she got for me a month ago. it had her named engraved in it. i dropped it at her feet.

grabbing my suitcase once more i walked to the uber i had ordered and threw my suitcase in the trunk. i hopped in and wiped some of my falling tears.

"where to?" the gentleman driving asked.

"lax please." i whisper, placing a 50 dollar bill on the console. he thanked me, grabbing the money. pulling away from the house i decided not to look back. i couldn't look back. or else i would go back to her.

...
3rd person POV (back at NACH)
...

"you okay boon?" madi said snapping anna out of her trance. the 18 year old played with the necklace eden had thrown at her feet a month out.

"oh-uh yeah." anna clutched her fist around the charm and brought her hand to her lap.

"your okay with eden coming back right?" cynthia asked the girl knowing anna hasn't had a peaceful 3 months.