24

Prompt: You and Anna go through a tough breakup but find you're way back after a couple months.

TW!!!
...
3rd person pov
...

all i ever wanted was to be your everything. we started our journey with a simple hello but ended it with such a painful goodbye. you broke my heart in a thousand pieces but i still love you with my whole heart. when i see you, i never want to look away. when i dream of you, i never want to wake up. when i hug you i never want to let go but i realize i have to. i have to move on, and so do you. okay? so don't wait around for me. you were all i ever needed anna. don't forget that. not now, not ever.

see you in the right lifetime loser. i love you.

anna shumate read over the scribbled note over and over, the pain in her heart just growing. the note was crinkled due to amount of times anna has crumbled it up going to throw it away, but she just couldn't. wiping a tear, anna pulled out the box from her closet. in the box was all the hoodies she ever gave delilah. they had a faint smell of perfume left and it broke anna's heart. how she missed lilah's perfume.

anna hasn't washed a single one of the hoodies not wanting to accept the fact lilah isn't hers anymore.

a faint knock of anna's door made the girl wipe her tears and shove the box back into the closet.

"come in." anna called out, sitting onto her bed.

the door opened and anna turned her head to see sab.

"dinners ready." sab said with a bright smile, "you okay?" anna nodded, looking down at her hands.

"anna what's this doing out again?" sab walked into the room and reached for the piece of paper. anna quickly swiped it away shoving it under her blanket. "anna look at me."

sab placed her fingertips under anna's chin. anna looked into sab's eyes, tears blurring her vision.

"you and delilah will find your way back okay? she just needs time." anna sniffled letting her hand go to to her eyes.

"i've given her months. she's just moved on."

"we both know that's not true. bryce has told you how heartbroken she still is. what happened broke you both. you both need time." anna let a tear slip which sab quickly wiped away.

"i should've just believed her in the first place. now she won't even speak to me. she seems so happy sab. her tiktoks get more and more happy each time i check. i was just a burden on her life. a drag."

"hey listen to me. you are not a burden. you're not a drag. delilah is a very good actor anna, we both know this. she hides her feelings so easily. we both know that's an act." sab said making anna swallow. anna nodded getting up 

"thank you sab." anna hugged sab tightly needing the touch of someone she cared for.

"let's go eat." sab said grabbing anna's hand pulling her downstairs.

...

the girls were arguing about the best eye color when anna felt her phone buzzing in her pocket. she pulled it out and her eyes widened at the name. her heart dropped as she licked her lips. anna waited a couple seconds to make sure delilah hadn't butt dialed her.

anna stood up from the table quickly grabbing the girls' attention. picking up the phone anna immediately heard the sound of loud party music.

"anna! how's it going! i just wanted to let you know i hate you! kidding. i'm actual-"