He was a natural when it came to her. I wondered if it was some kind of connection he was feeling with her or was it just that he was good with children. I watched them running around like a creep but my heart was finally at bay.

" My mommy is really pretty. You're going to faint when you see her. " Mads giggled and I almost choked on my shits.

" Really? Please tell me she's single. " he chuckled shaking his head.

I knew it was wrong to put a tracker in my own daughter. I shouldn't be invading their privacy but I couldn't help but wanted to hear everything, every conversations they had and every happy laughter they shared. I wanted to be there with them and this was the closest thing I could have.

" This is kinda sad to be honest. " Rudrika sighed next to me.

" I think I heard enough. I'm going home. Please take care of her. " I said pulling the earpiece out of my ears and handed it to her.

" Anastasia, why don't you just go to him and tell him she is his daughter. Don't you think Maddie deserves to know? "

" I know. I feel like a horrible mother. But, I'm scared, Rudy. I told him all those years and he didn't even give a shit. What if I tell him now and he freaked out in front of my little girl, she will be heartbroken. " I explained trying to hold in my tears.

" I don't want her to feel unwanted by her father. "

" Oh, babe. Look at him. We've been here all day watching them. The guy adores our Madeline. " she comforted pulling me into a hug.

" What if he hates her for being my daughter. Like he hated me for being my father's daughter. I don't want my little girl to go through that. " I sighed heavily.

" But, you ought to tell her eventually. "

" I know. When time comes, under better circumstances and when we both are ready. For now I just want to let them enjoy their moments. "

Madeline came back home that evening with a grin bigger than yesterday and my heart swelled in happiness. She told me all about her fun day with her Zio Elliot, his family, and the handsome uncle who wouldn't tell her his name because she didn't tell him hers. I laughed at their little bickering in amazement fighting to hold in happy tears.

" I didn't tell him my name and he called me many funny names. " she giggled loudly while playing with her rubber duck.

" Really? What did he call you, baby? " I asked like I didn't hear all of it.

" He called me pumpkin pie because my cheeks are yummy he could kiss me all day. And then he called me an angel because I looked like one. He even called me his little princess. "

That sweet motherfucker could be really cute when he wanted to. And, now he was out here taking over our little girl's heart without even knowing she was his own daughter.

I was happy they had an amazing bond but at the same time I was so pissed that I wanted nothing more than ripping his guts out before breaking all his bones. He was wonderful with someone's else kid and didn't even acknowledge his own. Was this some kind of sick joke?

" He wanted to take me horse riding tomorrow in his ranch if that's okay with you, mommy. "

How the fuck was I supposed to say no to her and refused the chance of her bonding with her father that she always wished for.

" You can go, baby. But please be careful and stay safe. Tell your handsome uncle if I find a scratch on you I will feed him to our chickens. " I said making her giggled loudly.

Madeline talked non stop going over and over about her fun day for a hundred without getting tired while I dried her hair and dressed her for bed. It was when I finally tucked her in and grabbed a book for her bedtime story that she finally stopped talking and listened to me intensely until she finally fell asleep.

" I love you so much, babygirl. " I kissed her forehead and turned the light off before leaving the room.

Nicholas completely took over her heart in just one weekend. It was safe to say that our little girl was utterly and wholeheartedly in love with him. I was sure as hell started to get jealous as she barely spent anytime with me all weekend.

" That brat forgets all about me when she's with her father. " I huffed throwing myself on the couch of my grandmother's living room.

" Is he leaving today? " she chuckled pouring me a cup of tea.

" Yes. She's going to be so sad. "

" You will have to tell her soon now she had met him. I heard from Rudy that she absolutely loves him and he adores her. " Nana Lou said stirring her tea.

Her words kept ringing in head. I thought about it all the way to their house. I wanted to see him one last time before he left. And, I regretted it almost immediately. I wasn't prepared to watch the scene before my eyes.

I felt an arm slowly wrapped around me making me turned my head and there was my only friend comforting me as we both watched the heartbreaking goodbye between the father and daughter who didn't even know they were related.

He kneeled in front of her and I could feel tears started to glisten her eyes. I knew that expression anywhere, the face she made when she was about to cry. I always hated it when she cried and this time it was even worse. He whispered something into her ear and her face lightened up before she smiled and whispered back into his ear.

I watched him giving her a long kiss on her forehead and finally got into the car. Madeline stood in front of their gate with a sad smile on her face waving goodbye to her handsome uncle and my heart broke for her.

" Let's go I think my daughter needs a hug. " I muttered before rushing toward my little girl.

She heard me running and raced toward me with her arms opened. I held her tightly as she buried her face at the crook of my neck crying silently to herself.

" Are you okay, baby? " I asked kissing her head. She shook her head and continued crying.

" He told me to call him Nick because only his favorite person can call him that and I am his new favorite little girl. "

➺ ✿ ➻

IM NOT CRYING. YOU. ARE.