My eyes widen, shooting up to his and... the look in his eyes, the grin on his face. He looks like he's enjoying it and bile rises into the back of my throat. I feel hot tears streaming down the corners of my eyes as his grip tightens even more. The last of the air in my lungs is sucked out and I can feel my vision blurring at the edges.

This can't be how I go out, not like this. I'm stronger than this. Fight Charlie, Fight. Just as I feel my body is about to go limp, my vision blacking out, I muster whatever energy I can and shove my knee right in between his legs as hard as I can. When his grasp loosens I gasp and suck in the biggest breath, my lungs screaming in pain. My brain finally catches up to what's happening as he falls onto the floor, holding his stomach. I jump off of my bed and before I can even think I'm kicking him as hard as I can- over and over again. When he stops moving I run as fast as I can, slamming my bedroom door behind me as I run down the stairs, grabbing the landline- which in this moment I'm so glad my mom still insists on keeping. I dial 911, begging them to come as fast as then can. The 911 operator instructs me to go to a trusted neighbors house and wait for the police to arrive.

I run over to our neighbor's house, frantically knocking on the door. It's late but I'm hoping they open up. After a moment or two, I see a light flick on and Mr. Jenson opens the door, shock and confusion masking his features. Taking in my appearance, he grabs my arm and pulls me in, locking the door behind him. His wife Mary is standing by the stairs, holding her robe closed tight around herself and when she sees me, she rushes towards me and wraps her arms around me.

She pulls me into the kitchen, sitting me at the table and rushes back out into the hallway, returning a split second later with a soft blanket, wrapping it around my shoulders. I pull the soft fabric tighter around me, as if the material could shield me from the events that had already taken place. She scurries off towards the stove and fills a tea kettle with some water.

Everything around me is moving in slow motion, the sounds around me muffled and a wild rushing sound blasting behind my ear drums. I'm numb, yet when I reach up my cheeks are soaked with tears. A few moments later, my hands are wrapped around a steaming cup of tea and Mary is sitting in front of me, rubbing a soft and gentle hand over my knee.

Within minutes the cops arrive, a loud knock at the door causing me to jump in my seat; a fresh wave of panic crashing over me as I start shaking even more, the tea in my cup sloshing over the sides and dripping over my hands. Mary's husband Mark answers the door, letting the cop in. The officer who's name I find out is Officer Dunkin, tells Mark that there's a few patrolmen checking over the house, and that he's here to check on me. Mary scoots her chair next to mine, wrapping her arms around me- comforting me in ways that I will never be able to repay her for.

Officer Dunkin sits with me for about fifteen minutes trying to get the details of what transpired

Officer Dunkin sits with me for about fifteen minutes trying to get the details of what transpired. I try my best to explain to him what happened, breaking down a few times in the process. The look etched on his face is one of sadness and it makes me recoil a little, I hate when people pity me. He tells me that he'd like me to come down to the police station and fill out some paper work as well as give an official statement, and file a restraining order if that's what I wish. Mary offers to bring me down to the station, which I agree to. Besides my retelling of what happened, I don't think I spoke a word the entire time I was at the Jenson's house.