64 - Trapped

Cole open his [Gate] at the periphery of the black hole. It was fortunate that the place underground had some available space. It was maybe due to the constant corrosion of the writhing black ball that occasionally release a sliver of some kind of aura. That aura was just a sliver, but it was enough to gave Cole a big terror. Even Celia was alarm.

"Maybe this time... we should back off." Cole nervously stated. He didn't know what's in there but his instincts told him that that place was very dangerous, even with his [Protect] won't make him less terrified.

Celia look at the mass of black ball in front of her with a frown, she was contemplating weather they should continue forward or adhere to her Master's suggestion and back off.

Sometimes later, she shake her head and said deeply, "Birds dies in pursuit of food while cultivator die in pursuit of strength." She look at Cole, "It is believed that the more dangerous the place, the greater the reward it holds. Master, I suggest that we move forward. Although we have more than enough resources for now and it won't be problem in the near future, we still have to amass more. Remember that it is not just you and me, we also have the others."

Cole contemplates deeply, weighing the pros and cons, before he answered seriously, "All right. But you're not coming with me. You should return inside the [Inner World]," He summon the [Summoning Grimoire] and open [Gate].

"But Master—!" She exclaimed loudly in protest but her Master cutted her off,

"No buts. I have a secret that can save my life and I'm not sure if it is applicable for you. I'll listen to your suggestion, I will gamble, but that is on the premise that you'll listen me." He said very seriously.

Celia look at her Master and saw nothing but seriousness, she knew that she can't change his decision. She sighed and said with defeated tone, "Please... Be careful." Then she hop into the portal.

Cole release a heavy breath while he look at the closing portal. After that, he face the black hole with determined face.

Just like what Celia said, he also believe that the greater the danger, the greater the reward too. Just the difficulties and rewards available in Mission Hollow was an enough example.

About his secret that can save his life, it was exactly the reviving aspect of the Chaos System, only, its penalty is kind of heavy; dropping the cultivation level by three stages and weaken state for two whole days, which makes him greatly hesitant. Base on the system's rules, if he die, his strength will drop to First-Level of Body Tempering-Stage, which is basically the lowest and the very beginning. And since he have more cores compare to others, making his cultivation more hardous and longer, and if all of them drop all at once... He'll definitely cry without tears. But he very much knew that cultivation was also a big game of gamble. The only fortunate for him was that he have the option to revive compare to others.

But this was also the reason he was determine to solve this black hole mystery by himself. Just like what Celia said, his expenditures and needs for resources are much more compare to others since he has many beast and, of course, his own.

If he can, he wanted to try to claim the treasure here, if there's. If it is successful, then it will be great, but if he fail, then that will be the time that he'll report this to the sect, for them to solve this themselves. He won't wait for him to accumulate strength, the threat of devil corruption was too big to be left out, specially for humans. He don't want to degrade his own race, but he knew just how evil humans are inside. If it was amplified by that evil corruption, he don't know how scary it would be...

After some time of steeling himself, he silently chanted "[Protect]" first before he started to float towards the big ball of darkness. He touch the boundary of the ball and his hands immediately go through. Fortunately, the space don't have any entry restriction. But going outside might be a different matter. Not that it matters now. He will think of the solution after he solve the mysteries inside.