Hejab nodded.

"Did you two talk about it?"

Another nod.

"Who else knows?"

"No one from the both families. You're the first person to know as it is."

"Second to that jerk-face Baig."

"Language!"

"You should be happy I'm not full on swearing right now! Seeing my level of pissed!"

"There's nothing to be pissed about to be honest."

"There. Is. Not? Are you freaking kidding me!"

She got up all ready to charge.

"You fell in love, I didn't know. You have a full fledged love story going on, I didn't have any idea! I'm your sister for God's sake! I tell you every minor detail of my life and look at you! That class fellow of yours knows but I don't! You sure have your priorities set!"

"Zoni! Listen to me!"

"And to top it all, you CHOSE someone from our step mother's clan. Are you freaking out of your mind?"

Up until now, Hejab was trying to make her understand, no matter how fragile her attempts were but at this she suddenly felt insulted.

"What's wrong in that?"

"Everything!"

"I don't think so."

"Then you should start thinking how this is such a bad idea you have ever come up with! It will ruin everything! It will ruin us can't you see! I'm not going to lose you because of this I'm telling you and you didn't even tell me! You told that moron Hesham Baig but not me!"

"Stop calling him names. He's my good friend and you can now see why I confided in him than anyone from my own family. It's not that hard seeing your reaction right now."

Zonish was quiet. Hejab had said it in a calm and composed way. So like Hejab and since Zonish knew her well, it wasn't hard to see she was hurt.

"Make your mind, Zonish. What fact is bothering you more, that I didn't tell you before anyone else or that I fell in love with someone from Saima auntie's family."

"The fact I'm most terrified about is you and I getting distant from each other, Hejab."

"If you think I'm going to let it happen then wow, you really don't know me, Zoni. And it's not nice. Thank you for making me feel so bad about something that was always associated with everything good and beautiful."

Taking long strides she was out of the room slamming the door behind.

And right that moment, Zonish Alvi knew she had messed up.

______

Attending a theory lecture of Pharma had never felt such a hassle to Izaan. He wasn't the kind of person to not pay attention in the class. He couldn't literally afford it. But because of the seasonal episode of flue he wasn't able to muster energy for even the simple task of listening intently. It started right after Irma's wedding from a simple runny nose and now he was under it completely. The added bonus of a headache wasn't letting him stay in peace. Elaf was rightfully feeling the cold that night. They all should've learnt from her.