22. Crown

*Trigger Warning: Harassment and related themes 

When Zonish had left for Minhaj Residence leaving Hejab's engagement ceremony in the middle, she just had one thing on her mind, get that file from Swera, thank her for this favour and get back home as soon as she could. And it was going according to plan till she bumped into a certain Hesham Baig and now everything was feeling out of syllabus.

She hadn't replied to his comment earlier. She had no time to waste on another bicker session. Ignoring him, she looked around waiting for Swera to make an appearance as soon as she could. Hesham was still standing there as if he had all the time in the world and he decided to kill it by making her want to kill him.

Swera had mentioned calling her when Zonish got there. She was being cautious and Zonish didn't want to make things difficult for her by not playing along but damn, Hesham Baig loved being a pain in the ass didn't he?

He had opened his mouth again to say something more when Zonish covered it with her palm. It was her last resort. He wasn't cooperating and she didn't want to get caught. Not before getting her hands on the damned case file.

"Will. You. Shut. Up?"

She asked through gritted teeth looking around lest they should be spotted by a guard. Hesham raised an eyebrow.

"Are you planning a murder?"

"Yes, yours. So if you wish to live, just shut up. What are you even doing this in the first place?"

She asked, making a face. Her palm had left his mouth by now and she was waiting for an answer even though just now she had asked him to shut the hell up. Kids.

"This is a free country and I'm a legal citizen. So, this question is technically, ethically, and morally wrong."

"Technically you don't live here. Ethically you're skewed. And morally you are trying to stick your nose in something that does not concern you at all. Choose your fighter carefully, Baig."

"If the fight is with you then I sure will."

Zonish rolled her eyes. She was doing that a lot tonight. She had left her sister's ongoing function and Hejab wasn't going to let it slide easily, she was stuck here in a meaningless banter with this over smart fella and Swera wasn't just coming out of her house.

"Look, Baig! I have no inten..."

"Zonish!"

Swera's hushed call made them both turn their heads to the side. She was coming out from the back door opening into the lawn area of the house. They were standing on the gravel floor leading to the parking area of the bungalow. She reached them in hurried steps.

"Here!"

The file was in Zonish's hand the next moment.

"Only I know how I got my hands on this. The details at some places are a bit vague so you'll have to research on your own as well. Also, it should stay between the two of us that I gave this to you. Baba doesn't know. The file was in his bottom drawer and bottom drawer means hands off. So take care of that. Also, is this the project partner you mentioned. Pretty handsome. Never knew they had such good looking guys in you department. Nice."

Yup. Typical Swera Ansar. Zonish looked at the file in her hand and then at the person standing next to her. He was grinning ear to ear like he just got voted the president. Boys.

"Well, about that..."

Zonish could tell he was about to introduce himself. She swatted his extended arm away and stood straight.