3. Memory lane.

I found myself spontaneously mumbling his name. "Aaron!". He heard that so he turned around to face me while he was crossing the hall heading to the inside clinic. His smile faded when he recognized me. "Alex!". He said in disbelieving.

I couldn't believe it myself. Aaron Macer, my very best friend is still in our small town, wearing a white coat! What!

I didn't talked to him in More than ten years. we grew up together. We were very close. I can see he aged just fine. He's still as handsome as he was back in the days. The white kid who used to break hearts in high school by his tall physic and deep blue eyes.

My heart ached for all the memories we had together. He was the only best friend i've ever had, and i still cherish that. I just realized how much i missed his friendship. He looked sentimental.

He approached. "You're back!". I got up from my seat to look at him. "You look surprised. I can say i'm surprised too. I mean, What are you still doing here?". I got confused for good!

He put on a smirky smile. "I work here. I'm a veteran now, just like my father. I thought i could give him a hand with the clinic. I love what i do". I could feel the tension between us. A lot of words and questions needs to be revealed. obviously both of us are hurt since things ended up in bad terms.

Fun fact that Aaron Macer, the most reckless kid in high school. The prankster and the player boy has turned into this matured man!

I smiled remembering a certain memory. "I thought you couldn't wait to get out of BriverWoods. You always wanted to live in the city. You always wanted to leave. What changed your mind?". He looked me in the eyes as if he was amazed that i still remember. "I did. After you left, i left too. I lost few years from my life to the big city, but i realized what i did was wrong. I should've not left in the first place".

Ouch! He stared into my eyes as if his words were for me. Some words hurt like a dagger stabbed in your heart when it comes from a dear person. Also irony plays it's part in a mysterious way, right? Only all the jokes were on me.

He took a deep breath and continued. "But eventually, i fell in love and i got married and i decided to raise my kids in the right place".

Wow! Kids! I smiled over the idea of Aaron with a wife and kids. He deserves to be happy, and i was happy for him.

I couldn't hide the surprise on my face. I tried to say something but i was speechless. He read my mind, so he chuckled. "Crazy, isn't it. Me having a family and a job, right? I couln't believe it either. Well, anyways, i'm so blessed with my family of four". He smiled a warm one.

I smiled too. "Congratulations. Not everyone is this lucky". He looked me in the eyes, meaningfully, nodding his head. "Thanks". He meant that.

It was slowly getting weird but thank god Dr. Macer got out to save the situation. "Alex, i was waiting for you". He looked at Aaron, resting a hand on his shoulder. "Actually, Aaron why don't you join us. It's an interesting case. You'd love to see it".

We both followed him inside, where the dog was laying on a side table, resting. She left up her head and barked when she saw me. She was happy by seeing me! That warmed my heart. At least someone cares. I approached her with a smile and tickled her.

"I can see how much she missed you. You're so lucky to have her". Dr.Macer said while playing cheerful around me and Aaron to break the tension.

Aaron got closer to the dog and started to pet her and examining her at the same time. Dr. Macer crossed his arms and asked him. "So, do you see anything unusual?".

Aaron didn't turn to look at him. He just got even more interested in the dog. "What is she exactly?".

I was coming to a point where i should be concern. It's a strange question from a vet! "So, Dr. Macer, is she okay?".