15. Find hope in the hopeless.

I rest my head on the wall behind my seat, fighting sleep. I was extremely tired and exhausted. It was almost afternoon, few hours right after those crazy actions. My head was about to explode from pain.

"I got to know from Trisha! Alex, why didn't you call me when it happened!". Aaron yelled while reaching over.

I stood up, shushing him. "You were with your family, what did you want me to do! I didn't want to bother you".

"Are you kidding me? Alex, i thought we're in this together". he looked around, lowering his voice.

I gave up, tightening my lips. So he calmed himself down. "How is he doing?". He asked.

I looked through the glass window of the hospital room to Sam who was sleeping there all peacefully. "He's hanging. It's not that dangerous, they said, but he lost a lot of blood and it freaked me out like crazy".

Aaron put a hand on my shoulder so i looked at him. He smiled. "He'll be fine. Thank god, he had you with him". He took a breath. "Where's Lexi now?".

"She was with Trisha the whole time but then i took her home couple of hours ago".

"Did Trisha asked you about anything?".

"No. She has no idea what's going on. She was in complete shock after all. She couldn't believe what she saw".

Aaron patted on my shoulder. "Good thing she was there. She told me how it happened. It's awful!".

"Yeah. If she didn't follow me there, probably, Sam would've been dead out of bleeding".

Aaron's gaze turned intense and he frowned. "If the wolves wanted him dead, he would've been dead. They already got what they wanted, right?".

I shook my head. "I don't really know anymore. I just want Sam to be out of this". I want to give up. I really do.

"Alex, look at me, we're going to fix this. Whatever is happening, there must be a reasonable explanation".

I was tired of negotiation. I was tired of all of it.

"Did you talk to Joyce?". I asked him. "Did she say anything that could help us?".

He sighed. "Yeah. When i asked her about the ritual, she barely remembered, saying, it was a stupid girly thing. So it's almost nothing there. She's as clueless as we are".

I rested my back on the glass window. "Maybe we should find Mrs. Martin and the other girls. I'm sure that lady would know something about that spell". Arron nodded and he was going to speak.

"Yeah, also...". He leaned his head to the side looking behind me. I turned to look where he was looking. Sam woke up and he was waving at us, putting a goofy smile on his face. Aaron chuckled and mumbled. "Oh dear god! Here we go".

We got into the room. The minute we got in, Sam smile got even wider. "Heey! Pretty ladies". He never misses a chance to speak his mind. I approached his bed, putting a smile on too. "Hey, Sammy. You're up!". Aaron laughed and crossed his arms. "How you doing, big boy?".

He looked at Aaron, drawing the widest smile on his face. "Hey, Aaron. I'm feeling nothing right now, but i'm pretty good actually, thank you". He said in a sleepy voice, then he hit me in the arm, playfully. "Hey, Alex. They gave me some painkillers earlier, right? I can feel it tho. We're buddies in dose, big bro". Then he giggled.

Wow! I turned to look at Aaron, raising my eyebrows in a funny way. He was trying so hard not to laugh.

"Hey, Alex?". Sam called me again so i looked back at him. His face kinda looked like if he was embarrassed! He lowered his voice. "Look! About what i said back there, it was just the intensity of the moment, you know?".