Chapter 29 - Ending

You had no time to waste.

You stood up as everyone who was listening opened the door. Looking to the group, they smile and nod.

"I'll be back... I just need to-"

"Just go," Dean gives thumbs up, a sniffle escaping his lips which didn't go unnoticed.

~~~

His dark gaze flickered back and forth from the view to his ring. It was getting no brighter... why would it? You were universes away! He was surprised it hadn't gone out like a candle in the wind.

Light was missing from his room, eyes strained from the darkness and shut away from the usual streams from the curtain shut windows.

Loki hadn't bothered with much since you were gone. It was as if a weight had attached itself onto him, drowning him in sorrows worth nothing more than a laugh. A pitiful laugh for what he thought was an overreaction.

A light burned through his eyelids.

He thought it was the glaring sun from the ever moving curtains but this was constant...

Snapping his eyes open, it was as if a star had landed on his finger yet again.

"Y/n," his hoarse whisper fills the room as he detached from his bed and runs out into the hall.

His feet took him from hallway to hallway, looking for you.

"Loki?" Behind him you stood, trembling visibly.

"Y/n..." glue stuck him to the ground as you rushed down the hall into his arms. He didn't care how he looked, you didn't care how you were presented.

When his skin touched yours he lifted you into the air and spun you around. Placing you down to clutch your face, feeling your warm touch against his cold fingers.

"I-" you didn't bother with finishing because you missed this... his lips against yours, hand tangled in your hair, thumb caressing your cheek.

"I missed you, my dove, I thought I would never see your beautiful face ever again," soft kisses planted themselves on your forehead as you hugged him tighter.

"I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have gone back,"

"You had every right to do so, darling," he met your eyes, starring at the swirling e/c, glossed over with bushes tears.

"I like you a lot, Loki, like a lot a lot, and to be with you I'd happily leave my universe, and I'm so stupid for not realising this sooner,"

"Would you not rather me enter your realm? I would do so in a heart beat,"

"My life is too dangerous, I couldn't risk it, and I know how much Frigga means to you, so staying here would be for the best, Loki," pushing back locks which curtained his face, you linked your free hand with his. Clutching tight onto the shaking.

"As you wish, darling,"

"Being with you is all I wish for," embracing his lips against your own, the Avengers had walked in after Thor had noted Loki's open door.

~~~

"Done with the book?"

Her fingers tapped gracefully along the keyboard a few more times before she turned to Chuck. "Hopefully the readers will be happy with this,"

"Don't worry, you're an awesome writer," Chuck refills the empty milkshake glass and passed it along the oak bar to the girl.

"I sure hope so," it seemed no more than five seconds passed when the glass was empty once more.

"Will you stop drinking those so fast?"

"Shut it, Chuck, writing is taxing on the stomach," drink by drink, the girl challengingly glared at Chuck who refilled in cue.

"You'll get full soon,"

Before she could shoot back a reply her hand clasped her mouth. "Fine you win this round," she groans. "Oh, and don't forget to get Amara a cake for her birthday,"

"Oh right! What would I do without you, Anna?"

"Crash and burn," Anna closed her laptop, publishing the last chapter. "See ya, Chuck,"

"See you later!" Chuck disappeared from sight as Anna packed up her things.

"Time to start another book," she sighs with a grin.

~~~

✌️😎

✌️😎

- Anna ❤️