Chapter 24 - Your doing?

"Y/n, my dear," You look up from your attempt to decipher Asgardian runes to meet Frigga's gaze.

"Your majesty, to what do I owe the pleasure?" Frigga dismisses you from your curtsy and takes your hand.

"I have a favour to ask of you, my sweet," She continued at your nod. "Tonight is a full moon and I am need of assistance in the garden at around six o'clock,"

"But isn't that dinner time?"

"Don't worry yourself, there will be food there, I just need you to dress up nicely," She tucks hair behind each ear and smiles. "I assume you have no further inquiries?"

"Well-"

"Wonderful! There will be a dress ready for tonight in your room, Hertha and Alvilda, will assist,"

"Of course," Her yellow gown flowed out the library oak doors, shutting behind her with a thud which caused you to jump. "Of course..."

~~~

There was a soft cricket noise faded in the background, your e/c eyes glistened against the diamonds hung in the night sky. Scolding yourself, you knew you should've brought a jumper, but Hertha and Alvilda did say it wasn't going to be cold tonight. Candles led down a path towards the Asgardian roses which blossomed bright colours in the moon light.

"Your majesty?" peaking around the corner you saw a figure stood facing the view, but you couldn't mistaken that raven hair for anyone else. "Loki?"

Loki spun around with a nervous surprise. "You came,"

"Well yeah, Frigga told me to... what's going on?" Trailing down, on the dewy grass there was a candle lit picnic. "What's this?"

"Dinner?" He looks slightly concerned for your answer, as though he expected a rejection.

"Well, you're lucky I'm starving," An audible sigh leaves his mouth as he settled down next to you. "What's on the menu?"

"I'm not sure..." Loki lifted the covers to reveal perfect plates of spaghetti.

"Italian it is," You take your fork settle the bowl in your lap before starting eating.

Loki's eyes flickered against the warm light that lit the scenery. The way your face glowed softly, cheeks warm and tinted, he was sure there was a heavenly light that would've suit you at this moment. His heart raced thousands of light years an hour as you turned to look up at him with that smile he had grown to cherish dearly.

"Is there sauce on my face?" You ask with a chuckle.

"N-no... you just... you look gorgeous,"

With that previous tint turning a beet red, you mumbled a thanks, sipping at the delectable wine that you no doubt knew Frigga chose. "So I'm guessing Frigga didn't need a favour?"

"No, it was just a cover for this... though I do admit I didn't know they would go for such a small idea... knowing my oaf of a brother I thought he would've thrown an entire ball!"

"That sound's like Thor," You laugh. "But this is perfect, I love it,"

Loki absently nodded as you looked up at the stars with a curiosity to outmatch any other. "They're beautiful," He mumbles, hopeful to spark conversation, and maybe, as a bonus, calm his nerves.

"Aren't they? I never got the chance to admire them... maybe one night after a hunt with the boys... but never really..." You grasp for the stars with a sigh. "Never really appreciating it,"

"Well," Loki moves closer and aligns his sight with yours, pointing to the sparkling crystals which created patterns along the skyline. " That's Fiskikarlar, or the Fishermen... Midgardians call it Orion's belt,"

"Oh! I see it!" Loki smiles softly at your enthusiasm, no one had ever shown interest, Frigga had hardly anytime so Loki was left alone most nights appreciating from his balcony. Loki continued to point out each constellation, an excitement in his voice which you couldn't help but admire.

~~~

Eventually you laid in his arms, curled up in a blanket he had conjured up a the moment he saw a shiver pass through you. His silver tongue soothed you as he recounted stories from every century which he knew would interest you. Battles, Tragedy, Romance, Horror and Coming of Age, this man knew it all off by heart.

He eventually turned it into stories of his pranks.

"You did not," You gasp and sit up, to face him. "You are horrible!" you felt bad for laughing.

"I admit I did feel slightly bad," Loki shrugs and pulls you back into his arms, which you accepted.

"You know one day your pranks will lead to your demise," You joke, tracing shapes on his stomach where butterflies fluttered uncontrollably.

"And until that day, darling, I will enjoy every minute of it," he smirks, placing a kiss on the top of your head.

Silence filled, the sound of crickets soothing as Loki ran his hand through your hair.

"Y/n?" You hum which let him continue. "Would you like to court me?"

Your heart skipped a beat, this was your dream! Then it dawned on you... Home. Leaning against the grass with your cold palms, you stared down at him with an unsure look.

"I'd love to Loki," you hated to say it, the joy in his eyes made it near impossible. "But... I can't," his smile faded, slowly into a confused frown.

"Can't? Why not?" He took your hand. "Have I don't something wrong? Did I say-"

"No, Loki," shifting nearer, you cupped his face. "You did nothing wrong, at all, trust me,"

"Then why?" There was a gloss over his emerald eyes which broke your heart.

"I need to go home, I live in another universe," you rub his pale cheek with your thumb. "We can enjoy this, the time we still have,"

"Would you really do such a thing? Still spend time with me?"

"Of course, I'd love to spend every moment here I have left with you," with the edges of your lips tilted up into a delicate smile, Loki's lips met your forehead.

"Thank you,"  as he pulls away the dim light glowed against you both as he pushed back stray hairs behind your ear and lifted your chin.

He leans closer, inches apart. You could feel his warm breath against your lips

"May I kiss you?" His words slipped off his tongue like smooth honey as you replied with a subtle nod.

A pause, and then it happened, you, Y/n L/n, were kissing Loki the god of mischief.

His warm lips against your, his loving touch around your waist. You felt calm, relaxed... happy, nothing like you felt with... well, anyone.

~~~

:D

- Anna ❤️