Chapter 7 - Death

"Help? Y/n, you mistaken me for Dean's lover, you know, baby in a trench coat,"

"Are those two actually dating?" Peter asks Tony.

"Who knows?"

"Come on, Balth! We need to get these guys home!" You follow the angel into the library where he grabs a drink, stopping to turn to Loki.

"You're Loki, right?"

"Yes, why do you ask?"

"Nothing, I just think this universe's Loki is much more attractive," This caused Marvel Loki to growl and bury his head deeper in his book.

"Oh you know that's a lie," You retort making him spin to you. "You wanted to watch Dark world more than I did,"

"Put a few drinks in me and I'd think anyone's pretty, especially you," he curls a finger under your chin which lit a fuse in you. Your fist collided with his face.

"Asshole," you watch as he groaned and stumbled around. Taking this chance, you punch him again, cutting your skin with your blade and creating a sigil on the table. "Have fun in Alaska," pressing your bloody palm against the sigil, a bright light filled the room as Balthazar was banished.

"What the hell?!" Dean rushes in with his gun. "Who was it this time?"

"Balthazar," You grumble, wrapping your palm in a cloth.

"I told you to stay away from that dickbag,"

"Yeah, well that dickbag was the answer for them getting home!" tossing the knife towards Dean he dodged it as you storm off.

"What did he say this time?" Dean growls, turning to Tony.

"Something about how a few drinks in him would make anyone pretty, especially her," The billionaire squeaks.

"Oh I'll kill him," Dean places away his gun. "Y/n!" His footsteps fade away towards your room.

~~~

"Y/n, come on, you know he didn't mean it!"

"You know he meant it! Everyone always does!" You shoot your last bullet into the wall. The gun clicks, nothing exiting. "Damn,"

"Y/n?!"

"I'm going out!" You burst open the door after grabbing your keys and jacket.

"Oh no you're not,"

"What are you going to do about it, Dean??" You shove him out the way.

The engine turned over and you pulled out the garage with a deafening screech.

~~~

A burger. A burger sounds like a good idea right about now... Turning into the fast food parking lot, you take out some cash and enter.

"Chili cheese burger combo," You slap the money down as the woman irritatingly chewed her bright blue gum.

"Whatever," She mumbles, giving you a receipt and order number. "Number 46!" You walk forwards and take the tray.

"Thanks," Your eyes scan for a seat only to land on a certain reaper... or rather king of the reapers. You move past the line and towards the black clad horseman. "Death?"

His deep set gaze lands on you. "Lovely to see you here, Miss L/n, please, have a seat," You pull back the seat and sit in front of him whilst he takes a bite out of his bacon cheese slider. "What brings you here?"

"I could ask you the same thing,"

"I asked first," He clears his throat.

"Fair enough," taking a good bite, you answer. "I got called ugly, overreacted and left,"

"And you understand those are false accusations?" He dips his fry in sauce. "You know some people slather their sauce over the top? Imbeciles,"

"Woah woah woah, did Death just call me pretty?"

"I said you being ugly would be a false accusation, I never said you were pretty,"

"I'm flattered," You and death both sip at your preferred drinks. "So what about you?"

"I was just feeling peckish," He hums in response. "But don't be bothered by ignorance, Y/n,"

"Truth can often be mistaken for ignorance,"

"And Calamari rings can often be mistaken for onion rings, doesn't mean they're the same," He takes the last bite of his burger. "I'm guessing the heroes back in your bunker are hungry?"

"How did you-"

"To lift your spirits, let my buy you all dinner, I don't have all of eternity to treat such exceptional beings..." He pats his lips before smiling. "I'm mistaken, you seem to be the only exceptional being,"

"Thanks, Death,"

"Not a worry, now, what would your friends like?"

~~~

You huff as you place the last of the food on the table, feeling yourself get pulled into a bear hug by a moose and squirrel. "Son of a bitch,"

"I was gone for two hours,"

"Too long is more like it, you worried us," Sam lets go, letting you see everyone walk in.

"There she is," Tony ruffled your head. "You worried us, sunshine,"

"Yeah, where'd you get all this food?" Dean smells his usual burger and grins.

"Death bought it for me," You start to take everything out as the avengers laugh but stop when you don't.

"Hold on, Death is in town?" Cas walks in with a concerned look.

"Death is real?!"

"Yeah, don't worry, he just wanted a burger... he seems to have a prejudice towards people who put sauce on top of their fries..."

"Sorry, Death is exists??"

"For the second time, yes," You pop a fry into your mouth. "He called me an exceptional being," your pride shone.

"Death exists?!"

"YES!" Team free will shouts in unision at the shocked heroes.

"Now, are any of you hungry?"

~~~

Death give mea life

Death give mea life

How ironic

- Anna ❤️