Chapter 22 - Good news

"Tony," The billionaire opened his door.

"Oh no," he tries to shut the door only for your foot to stop it.

"Let me in,"

"Do it, Stark," Steve sighs from behind you.

"You too??"

"I was forced," Steve walks in after you. "Trust me, I had no choice,"

"Sit down, this is about the restraints," The two groan until you shut them up with a single glare. "You understand what you did wrong?"

"Did wrong?! Y/n, he killed people! Nearly killed us!"

"Multiple times!" Tony shouts.

"He wasn't in his right mind," You scoff.

"Right mind?! Right- Do you hear this, Cap?" Tony looks to Steve who hums.

"You do realize that he will continue to act cold and horrible because he thinks- no, he knows that you don't trust him?"

"How can you trust a psycho like that?!" Tony stands up and sizes you up. "You know damn well there is not a good bone inside him,"

"I know better than to judge him from his past actions!" You scream in his face with a snarl in your voice. Snapping your head to Steve who had stood up to intervene. "This is just like Bucky, you forgave him, didn't you?"

"This is different,"

"Different?! How is this any different?! He was mind controlled and killed people, Barnes did the same thing!"

"Quite down, soldier, that's an order," Steve placed a hand on your shoulder.

"I'll quiet down the moment you realize how idiotic you two are acting by restraining him! Do you know what that does to him? Didn't you see how less sick and weak he looked when you took that damn bracelet off??"

"If we took it off who knows what he'd do?" Tony growls as he pushed Cap's hand away. "He'd kill all of us for stopping his world domination plan!"

"Past! That was the past, Tony!" Tears pricked at your eyes. "That- That's like me judging you for the playboy headlines you had before you changed! Steve, that's like judging you from how scrawny you were! It's like judging me for every person I wasn't able to save!"

The boys stood silent as your breath hitches. "Y/n..."

"Listen, everyone deserves a second chance, and Loki deserves it more than anything, trust him... he isn't a bad person,"

Steve looked to Tony who was contemplating everything. Their eyebrows furrowed, both in thought and looking to one another for a solution, an agreement of sorts. "Alright, alright, you win, no bracelet,"

"Thank you!" You hugged Tony, though you only pushed him into Steve's arms. "You won't regret this," Kissing both their cheeks, you run out the room to tell Loki the great news.

~~~

"Hey, do you know where Prince Loki's room is?" You ask a tall guard who shifts his gaze down at you.

"Down the hall, M'lady,"

"Thanks!" Your feet carried you to the large door engraved with runes. There were two guards who looked meaner than the last one. "I'm here to see Prince Loki,"

"Name?"

"Y/n L/n of Midgard," They look to each other before nodding.

"Door on the left," One mumbles which you thank. Your fist bangs against the door in a happy rhythmic tune.

"Yes?- Lady Y/n?" Loki looks down at you in surprise, not expecting you to tackle him to the ground. "Woah, Y/n, what happened?"

"You'll never believe what I managed!"

"Do tell," He props himself up against the floor as you excitedly explained.

"I convinced Tony and Steve to stop making you wear that damned bracelet!"

His eyes widened in shock. "H-how?"

"I have my ways," You poke his nose as his eyes glinted in joy. He pulled you in for a tight and loving hug.

"Thank you, Y/n," he mumbles softly into your shoulder as you glowed brightly at the affection.

"You're welcome,"

"Why?" He suddenly pulls back as you both sit across from each other on the cool stone floor.

"Because everyone deserves a second chance, and no one should be judged on their past when they realise the bad in their actions," You placed your hand on his cheek. "Especially you, Loki, you deserve it most of all,"

"I don't know how to thank you, Y/n," He holds the hand on his cheek, his lips tilting to a smile.

"You don't need to," He pulls you in for another long hug, the door across the hallway belonging to Thor opening to the sight in Loki's room through the still open door. The god of thunder's smile grew bigger than the moon and sun combined. Thor slipped out the family quarters and skipped down the hall to the group.

"Thor saw,"

"I know," You chuckle. "Want to mess with him?"

"You know me terribly well, darling,"

"Everyone is in the gardens, teleport us there,"

"I like your thinking," He held you close and with a gush of wind and slight nausea filling your stomach you were in the garden sitting by the pond.

"Friends! I have amazing news!" You and Loki split ways, entering to see Thor at different times.

"What is it, Thor?" You walk from behind a rose bush.

"I- wait- how are you-...?"

"How am I what?" The other avengers and Team free will walk to the god with a raised brow.

"What is it now, you oaf? I could hear you all the way from Vanaheim,"

"But I thought-"

"Oh he can think!" Loki says with a smirk.

"Stop it, Loki," You chuckle at the God of Thunder's reaction, until he realised what had happened.

"Fair play... fair play," Thor mumbles before walking off with a frown.

~~~

I have an obsession for buying books but not reading them

- Anna ❤️