49- Just a Nightmare

Start from the beginning

She couldn't talk anymore.

FUCK

"How many people were here, baby?" I asked. She blinked three times. "Three? Blink twice if yes." I said and she blinked twice.

"Who the hell would wanna hurt you?" I asked in disbelief.

"The police and the ambulance are here." Finneas says, letting the men in.

He turned the stove off with his jacket.

"The handprints are there I don't wanna make this situation any worse." He cried and panicked.

"Keep your eyes open for me, please, mama. I believe in you, you can make it and stay alive. And one day we'll get married and- and have k-kids and b-be happy like we promised each other remember?" I started stuttering and my voice broke.

"We'll have a dog and a bunch of cats, a cute little beach house and we'll grow old together, okay? You stay with me. Don't leave me here, I love you so much." I kissed her before they put her on the stretcher.

I tried getting up but my legs were too weak to carry my weight.

"Put me in the ambulance with her, Finneas." I said. He quickly picked me up and ran to the ambulance outside putting me on the seat next to her.

I held her hand and as soon as I did, I passed out...

(Play the song)

I woke up with a loud gasp and with my pillow covered in tears. I put my hand on my chest and started taking deep breaths.

"Thank god it was just a nightmare..." I said, turning the lamp on to drink water.

Then I realized I wasn't in the hotel room, I wasn't wearing my clothes.

I was in a hospital bed, handcuffed to the bed frame.

I shook my hand, trying to let myself go.

"Hello, Billie." A man in a black suit stood up. "Where is Chanel? I need to see her. Please take me to her." My eyes welled with tears.

"She's in a coma. Your girlfriend has lost a lot of blood and her body became weak, the wound on her throat didn't help at all, neither did the gas. It increased the pain to her body which made her lose herself into a coma. She's lucky it's just a coma. She's really strong." He says, looking me in the eyes as I cried.

"This can't be real." My voice was shaky and I shook my head in disbelief.

"Did you catch who did it?!" I looked up at him.

"We didn't find any evidence, yet. The investigation is still going and your tour is on hold until we find who the killer is." He says.

"She told me something..." I remembered. "What did she say?" he said, pulling a notepad out. "She said there were three people in the same room as it happened... That's all she said before she was put in the ambulance."

"That's good, because we have suspects." He pulled out 3 files from his suitcase, placing them in front of me.

"But you literally just said that you didn't have anything yet." I said, getting mad. "I was just testing you, everyone is a suspe-" "Me?! A suspect in an attempted murder on the love of my fucking life?! You sound ridiculous. I have evidence that I wasn't there and yes, there are more than 100 witnesses and there is camera footage." I lashed out.

"Ms. O'Connell, please calm-" "Shut the fuck up, you don't get to come up here to me in the fucking hospital after I saw my girlfriend's throat slashed opened and her fading away in my arms. You had no fucking right to do that to me." I cut him off.