chapter forty-one. the universe.

thursday, december 25.

"It's getting late, I should go," I sigh, sitting up from my place on his chest, secretly hoping he stops me.

"I disagree," he smiles, pulling me back in and squeezing me into a tight hug and I melt in his arms. I never plan on letting him go.

"Well, if you insist," I say sarcastically and he laughs, loosening his grip slightly.

"Oh, I do," he rolls over, laying on top of me and I suffocate under the blankets and his weight, laughing uncontrollably.

"Cedric, get off!" I wheeze, trying as best I can to roll him off but he's too strong. Eventually, he gives in, easing off of me and I roll off the bed and stand in front of him. I dramatically catch my breath and he laughs at me, but I involuntarily shiver from the chill in his room.

"You cold?" he asks and I shrug. "You can have that," he gestures to a white Hufflepuff Quidditch hoodie folded neatly in the corner of the room and I step towards it, unfolding the sleeves seeing a red rose.

"Oh, you just set that one up, didn't you?" I smirk at him, lifting the rose and examining its deep red petals.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," he shrugs, sitting up in the bed to admire me as I pull the sweatshirt over my head. I set the rose back down on the desk and jump on the bed, sitting and facing him.

"I just need to know one thing, then we can drop it and move on," I take a more serious tone. "Are you sure you can get past the Fred thing?"

"Not really," he sighs. "But, I know you weren't in your right mind, which shouldn't be an excuse, but you're worth it. I have never felt this way about anyone before and I need to hold onto that."

I almost tear up, taking in his every word. Leaning forward and hugging him tightly, I smile to myself. I truly love this boy.

"But don't think I'd let something like this go again, yeah?" he asks, pulling me off of him and looking into my eyes.

"I promise, I'd never. Me and alcohol need to take a little break," I reply sincerely, then resume my position on his chest, the static rhythm of his chest rising and falling lulls me to sleep. I feel at home.

friday, december 26.

A loud bang followed by a hushed groan of pain wakes me and I look around, seeing Cedric with his pants half-on gripping his knee.

"Morning," I smile at him groggily as he pulls his pants on the rest of the way. His shirtless figure turns me on a bit and I fall back into the bed, refusing to believe this is real life. He crawls towards me from the foot of the bed placing a sweet kiss on my forehead and I hug him around his neck, pulling him down on top of me.

"Come on, breakfast is nearly over," he laughs in my ear.

"5 more minutes," I insist.

"Not this time," he smirks, sitting up and crossing to the dresser for a shirt. He pulls on a gray long sleeve and  I begrudgingly roll out of bed and pull on a pair of his massive socks. The heels reach the back of my ankle and he looks down at me proudly with his hoodie and socks on. Cedric picks me up, spins me around once, and then sets me down, reaching out a hand for me to take as we leave his room.

There's not another soul in the Great Hall and the house elves are already cleaning up the tables. We sneak in, grabbing as much as we can, then run back out of the Hall and don't stop until we're out the side door onto the lawn, the same spot I laid at with Oliver when I first felt things for Cedric.

"You know, this is where I sat when I first realized I liked you?" I smile over at him.

"Is that so?" he returns the smile, setting out all of the food he managed to grab.