"You should know by now that that's impossible, ___."

The two student's eyes shifted towards Gojo who begrudgingly trudged out of the building with a small pout on his lips, pleading eyes directed towards the girl.

"He's madly in love with you, you know?"

Sighing, ___ shook her head in exasperation.

"Yeah, I know." she replied, immediately turning away to ignore Gojo's silent pleads to give him attention.

Despite giving Gojo the cold shoulder often, ___ had to admit, he was a strong guy and she'd be lying if she said that she didn't admire him for that. It was something that ___ envied about him. Gojo was naturally powerful, blessed with both Limitless and the Six Eyes - he was a force to be reckoned with, and she knew that one day, he will eventually leave both her and Geto in the dust. She didn't like thinking about it though. She had to remind herself that he was still human at the end of the day, and when Gojo does end up stretching the gap between her in terms of strength, she wouldn't mind standing by his side to support him.

"Gojo-senpai," ___ called out, her eyes softening. "You need to understand that I'm capable enough of handling missions by myself now."

Gojo's pout deepened at her words. It's not that he didn't think she was capable enough, he was just worried for her wellbeing. Although ___ seemed content with being alone, Gojo knew that she wanted some company, some conversations to fill the silence she grew accustomed to throughout her whole life.

He mimicked her posture, also crossing his arms as he leaned close to her face.

"And you need to understand that I'm just trying to be a good senpai!" Gojo huffed and pulled away. "Geez, you're growing up so fast. To think that you used to sneak into my room just because you couldn't sleep—"

"Gojo-senpai!"

___ slapped a hand on Gojo's mouth as her face flushed red, eyes bashfully shifting towards Geto who could only chuckle at the scene. Geto didn't really care, he knew about the little escapades between the two, what happened behind closed doors. It was nothing inappropriate, of course.

___ had always struck him as someone who needed comfort when her bottled emotions became too overwhelming to handle, and Gojo was the person she leaned onto the most.

"Okay, you two. If you guys want to make it back to school before we get in trouble, I believe it's best that we get going." Geto said, opening his phone to check the time.

Gojo slings an arm around Geto, his eyes scanning the screen.

"Can we stop by the bakery a few blocks away first? I wanna treat ___ for doing a good job today!" Gojo grins at the girl and holds a thumbs up.

Now this caught ___'s attention. Mention any bakery and she's sold. Besides, she's not the one that's going to get scolded if they're late, she's a first year after all and Yaga wasn't her teacher.

The two friends noticed the way ___'s eyes twinkled expectantly, her hands fiddling with her white skirt. She chewed on her lip sheepishly as she bounced slightly on the balls of her feet and Geto immediately knew that ___ wanted to go, she was just too shy to admit it.

With a sigh, Geto nodded his head weakly in defeat. He couldn't say no to her.

"Make it quick."

___ hummed in satisfaction, taking a bite from her cake as she sat on a wooden bench outside the second year's classroom ( something she did often since she wasn't very close with Nanami or Haibara ), legs swaying to convey the joy she felt after Gojo had bought her her favourite pastries. Inside the classroom, ___ heard the low grumbling of Yaga as he scolded the two boys for being late. She felt sorry, but she didn't blame herself. It was Gojo's idea in the first place and Geto agreed with it.