"Say that again beautiful," he whispers.

"Nate," I whisper.

Turning my head slightly I see Nate out the corner of my eye, hands still moving, from my shoulders down my arms and stopping at my finger tips. Lacing his fingers with mine, he holds my hands - bringing his gaze round so I can see his eyes, blazing fire of... lust? Desire? I'm not sure, but I've seen that look in my dreams before. Seconds feel like hours as we stare at each other, him shifting his gaze between my eyes to my lips, like he's studying my face. I on the other hand can't stop looking at his grey pools, eyes like a storm that I've never noticed how beautiful his were before.

"Ryan?"

"Nate-"

"No... ... ..." he says, placing his finger to my lips - still looking into my eyes. "I want you to say my name again. My full name," he whispers, his face getting closer to mine as our noses touch lightly. There's not a space between us as he holds me close, bringing my hands round my front - hugging me to his chest, my gaze captured by his grey orbs enchanting me with their passionate longing.

"Nathan Greys-"

"RYAN!" I hear my Mum scream from downstairs. Quickly Nate pulls away from me, dropping my hands and moving to the other side of the room. "RYAN?"

"Yea-Yeah Mum."

My Mum climbs the stairs to the balcony where my bedroom is, my back is turned as I hear her steps get closer and closer to my bedroom, fearing the worse when she sees Nate in my room. Not that it's a big deal or anything, I've had both of the Greyson boys in my room before. Plus I've stayed at their house plenty of times, but now I'm not under her roof anymore and a little older, I'm unsure how she'd feel about a grown man in her daughters bedroom.

"Ry- Oh! Nathan? I didn't know you was here," she says. When I finally turn around, hoping my flushed skin is not too obvious, Nate is sitting on the end of my bed. Mum walks up to him and he greets her with a hug, a smile plastered on both their faces. "What are you kids up to?"

"Nothing!" I squeak out.

"Way to play it cool, Ryan!" I think.

Mum side smirks at me, folding her arms across her chest when Nate answers her, more calmer than I did. "I just came to see if Ryan fancied grabbing a bite to eat."

"Oh! Well I've just finished dinner, why don't you join us then you two kids can pop out for dessert afterwards like you use too? I made chilli?"

"Sounds amazing Mrs Bla-... I mean Carrie," he smiles, correcting himself before she does.

▪️ ▪️ ▪️ ▪️ ▪️ ▪️ ▪️ ▪️

        SITTING AT the table with my parents felt awkward with Nate being there. Only twenty minutes ago he had me wrapped up in his arms, his nose touching mine and his lips hovering above mine. I'm no expert on kissing, I've only ever kissed two guys before and only one of them was a real kiss, but I felt like he was going to or at least felt like he wanted to kiss me. Every now and again I feel his eyes glancing at me, grey orbs like a snow globe looking at me with want, only I can't bring myself to look back up at him as I glue my eyes to my bowl.

"So Nathan, how's work been treating ya?" My Dad says, placing a glass bottle of coke in front of me.

"Good, thanks. Got a few projects lined up that Nic is allowing me to take the reins on my own so I'm looking forward to getting started on them."

"Nice, What kind of projects?"

"A few things local, coffee shop and a tattoo parlour downtown. Then there's a hotel in the Bahamas I've been working on that we both designed, construction should be starting in a few weeks so that's exciting. It's a big project so I'm just hoping I don't let Nic or my Mom down," he says with a soft smile.

"I don't think that's ever going to happen Nathan, but it all sounds amazing - doesn't it Ryan?" Mum says trying to get me to contribute to the conversation. The whole time we've sat here I've been silent, but to be honest I can only think about what happened back in my room.

Or quiet frankly, what could of happened.

"Yeah." I smile.

"Sounds like your gonna be busy, no?"

"Yeah we will be," Nate says, talking to my Dad. Placing his spoon on the table, Nate wipes his mouth with his napkin and leans his elbows on the table. When I look up at him from my side of the table his gaze is piercing, penetrating me with those grey orbs again. Why do they captivate me like this, they never have before, "we've actually been discussing asking Ryan if she'll come and help us out a few times a week, if you wanted to that is?" He smiles.

"That'll be great, won't it peanut," my Dad says excited.

"Erm... ... ... me?"

"Sure. You've worked for us before, well for Mom and Pops, but the PA we have now isn't really enough for the both of us and we do need another person in the office."

"Your going to replace her with me?" I say shocked.

The summer before I left for New York and the two summers before that, I worked for Mrs Greyson and her father. Nothing major, I basically did errands, answered calls, re-typed contracts, got lunches, all the boring tasks until they trusted me with the big stuff, but I actually enjoyed working for them because it meant I didn't have that awkwardness of working for someone I didn't know.
I knew the job well, plus most of the people who worked there I already knew as it was a family run business. I would love to work for them again, earn some cash before making my mind up on my plans for next year, but I can't except a job if it means another girl gets fired.

"Actually HE will be keeping his job, but he only works part time because he's still in school so having you work the other half would really help us out, especially since it's both Nic and I working there now that Mom's only in the office one day a week. We could both do with another PA to help us out, but only if you wanted to of course?" He says with pleading eyes.

"I think it'll be great for you sweetie. You've done the job for three summers already so there's no worrying about training you and you already get along with your bosses, so that will be easy for you. I think it's a great idea," Mum says, happy that I'll be getting a job. I know Mum didn't like the fact that I was home from college for the next year, but in my mind I kind of feel like she expected me to not get a job at all by the way she's talking to me.

"You could come in on Monday? Sign some paperwork and get your security pass."

"I'd love to," I smile softly at him. "Thanks Nate." Honestly I was happy that Nate had asked me. The dread I was feeling about looking for a job really made me nervous, I couldn't stop thinking about all the people I'd have to talk to about applying for a job. Not to mention looking for something I actually would enjoy. Working for the Greyson family sounds like the perfect thing to keep me busy for the next year.

*word count - 2519*

💙💙💙💙💙
They were so close to kissing & boom! Mum gets in the way.
Don't you just hate it when that happens? 😂

I hoped you liked this chapter...
This was one of those non planned chapters that I felt was needed.

Please vote if you liked it!
Leave me a comment & let me know what you think,
I love hearing from you guys!

Stay safe,
CeeCee
xoxo
💙💙💙💙💙