CHAPTER 4: EUPHORIA

"You need me to water the grass before it all disappears... you said you sick of that high school shit. Well tell me have you ever had a gentleman? If not then girl you deserve a gentleman. I'll eatchu out for dinner like a gentleman. I'll knock before I enter like a gentleman.. girl you can't ignore all the signs that you feel... " GENTLEMAN X GALLANT

Feeling strange but excited in my new, secret world

Feeling strange but excited in my new, secret world. I radiate Drew's energy. Like a solar panel I soaked it in. And now I shine.

"Lookin' good Miss Thay," Nique tells me when I get in. And I gasp when I open my office door.

Roses... huge bouquets of perfect and blushing pink and red roses are all over my office. Oh my God. I grab the card sticking out of the center bouquet on my desk when Nique bursts in.

"I could hardly hold it, surprise! Oh my God, Thay this is so romantic and beautiful. I wish a man would do this for me. I told you yo baby daddy was in the way of something big. And woo Thay, you all fly and glowin' – you gotta tell me who the new man is. Wow," Nique sighs, staring around my office while I read the card.

"Beautiful demitasse. Have a wonderful day." Is all it says.

And it makes me giddy. High as hell. I smile...

I giggle secretly and excitedly to Kamisha about the man she now calls Cell Block D. That's our secret name for Drew.

I dream up ways to make this shit exciting and fun for him like Kamisha advised before we got off the phone. And I rush through work, everything I have to do -- writing out these times sheets, checking in with the new dietician, signing off on this inspection chart for evaluation, I do all of it -- focusing hard as hell on being accurate and getting done as fast as I can. So I can have more time for Drew.

Especially after I texted him "thank you for my flowers" and he texted me back that "this is the happiest he's been in a long time." I love it.

I know this shit is crazy but it's so exciting I can't help myself. And of course:

"What Thomas, stop blowing me up, what the fuck did I tell you this morning?!" I finally answer my phone around noon! Wack bastard!

"When you put a nigga on child support you remember that fuckin' food stamp card you got in my fuckin' name you been gettin' and eatin' free food off of! While you ackin' all brand new!!" this nigga has the fucking nerve to say to me!

"You bitch," I say with a chuckle.

"Fuck you bitch! Puttin' niggas all in my fuckin' business!" he snaps back.

"Shut the fuck up dawg! Yo broke ass ain't got no business nigga, YOU put them niggas in yo business when you went to them trying to set me up like a bitch! Ya limp dick bastard!!" I hiss!

"Aww man a nigga was just mad, you know damn well I wouldn't do that shit for real! Even though I'm the one who bought that flat screen in the bedroom!! You need to gimme back my tv! That's what you need to do!" he comes back- wow-