CHAPTER 29: BESTIES

"Tell them to slow it down... we'll just follow yo lead... baby bring a friend... ask them both they'll tell you bout me... no bluff, you've got to play yo game..." BRING TWO BY BILAL

"I know da fuck you ain't cuttin' the fool on us like this after you buss us out like dat wit Cell Block!" Kamisha fusses at Fran in a whisper, right, with her crazy ass self! Help me Lord

"I'm calm, I'm good," Fran says and sits back down, wiping her eyes after she goes the fuck off on us because we said we need to be patient. Fran stay ready, and her heart so big, she be wantin' to attack the problem on sight.

"It's all good shawty, we all want him out," Nard tells her.

Fran and Kamisha been crying mad as fuck, ever since Drew stared us on the phone and said: "Why he hate me so much dat he put me in here?"

And then when Tyeisha got here and I told her about Andre Roker, Fran and Kamisha got so fucking mad, right along with Tyeisha, that I'm the calm one. And this is my husband. I guess we've been down for each other for so long, since the hood – we just take over each other's fights and problems. I guess it's just instinct. My besties. Kamisha hands Fran some more tissue.

"Okay, so this the team right mothafuckin' here. No attorneys, no nobody, til we get all dis shit, all of it, all lined da fuck up and figure out a fuckin' plan of attack so we can get our boy up out dis shit," Float says. And me and Drew, and Dre, and Fran, and Nard, Tyeisha, and Kamisha all nod in agreement. Drew so proud of me and feeling so good to see us behind him like this, and he's so hurt for Tyeisha, that it's motivating me even more.

"But we got what we need! That nigga can't work no whole fucking case and get a nigga tried and convicted and never divulge the fact that they are related, brothas at dat! And he suppressed a film and a witness, that he clearly thought would clear his own fuckin' brother!" Fran argues again.

"Right," Tyeisha agrees while I pat her up too.

"Not necessarily," Float says, and I throw up my hands.

"What now?" I ask him, scared for me and Drew and our families, and tired of this whole shit!

"Dat mothafucka is our brotha! How that ain't enough?!" Tyeisha snaps.

"I feel you – but it don't mean Drew didn't order no hit or try to kill nobody for some cocaine. It only means that the nigga who arrested him for it shouldn't have been on his case. And hated him because he was mad with their father," Float explains.

"Right," Drew says. Dayumm!!

"Way'ment tho, wait- Just let me think. See—if we could just— I'm sayin', that nigga had to have fucked wit sum'm, besides just that film. If it was like dat you know he did— see we need to find sum'm else that nigga did, like – you know OJ Simpson, the bloody glove. We need a bloody glove, something he moved or fucked wit. Planted or sum'm," Nard says and paces.