30- Dangerous Trails

Start from the beginning

The outfit Ivo provided for her was a pair of khaki shorts that she did not fail to notice had a lot of pockets, a ribbed light blue tank top, and beige crew socks. She slipped on the cloth belt Ivo left her and decided she would bother with the buckle on the way downstairs, but she still had time to attach the plastic pink bear keychain to the front belt loop.

She slammed her feet into the chunky brown hiking boots and tied the bright red laces as speedily as she could manage.

Again, she met the men in the lobby waiting for her, save for Kazumi who was nowhere to be seen. The three did not look to be dressed for a hike, more like it was any other day.

"My little hiker," Ivo cheered. "You look so cute!" He teased as she reached them, he reached out squeezed her cheek.

She let him, as it did not bother her as much as being the odd one out did.

She noticed Leven's cheeks were red and he was not looking her way, purposefully. She looked down at her outfit and realized what might have been the problem.

It was tight, and the most skin any would have seen of her.

The tank top had a low scoop neck, and the inch-wide straps showed her entire arms. Her shorts stopped just below her bottom, they hugged her nicely, and the belt cinched in her waist only adding to her slight hourglass figure.

Alana blushed deeply now; she did not realize how much Ivo got her to show until now as she was in such a rush.

I do not know if even Silas has seen this much of me, maybe the outline through the sheer pants but gods, this is embarrassing.

"You do look lovely, dear." Leopoldo patted her head.

She returned a quiet thank you.

"I am surprised you agreed to come on such an excursion, I must admit it worries me." He removed his hand from her head.

Agreed? Her eyes flickered to a smirking Ivo, who secretly raised a secretive finger to his lips.

She wanted to roll her eyes at the man.

"I will be with you guys, so I know I am safe." She smiled mocking Ivo's words.

Light of my life, you know how to melt the ice inside me. Leopoldo held in a whimper from how adorable he thought she was.

"Where is Kazumi?" She asked looking around the lobby.

"Captain went ahead earlier than the rest, going over the plan with Hadan on the edge of the forest," Ivo explained. "We should get going before we get a lecture about taking too long."

The brunette started towards the door.

"Come, brother, walk ahead of Alana as to not get a nosebleed." Leopoldo joked, motioning for Leven to follow Ivo first.

"Shut it," Leven grumbled but did what Leopoldo suggested earning a soft chuckle from the older brother.

Alana followed Leven with a confused look to Leopoldo, who followed after her with a satisfied smile and pep in his step.

On the walk to the edge of the jungle-like forest Alana still kept her head down and worried about the passing guards or potential royal tour.

She listened to Leven and Leopoldo bicker back and forth over something about last night having to do with their sleeping situation. Ivo remained silent most of the way, only asking trivial questions to Alana in passing, such as 'Did you sleep alright?' or 'Do you like the outfit?'