64 - Part 1: Dominance

A clammy hand pressed over her mouth Alana cowered behind shipping crates and tarps. Her cold breath shakily washing over her knuckles as she tried to calm herself form hyperventilating.

Ivo... he was going to kill me! For what? For asking to be set free.

Alana's ears were on high alert, any little bump making her jump and squeeze further into her hiding spot.

The crew was unaware, going about their business above and it made it harder to decipher one set of footsteps from another.

"Ivo!"

Alana heard Leven shouting somewhere in the distance, he seemed far. She though maybe a level below her.

Alana was always fast, an amazing runner, and had made it up two levels of the lower deck before deciding to hide. If she had gone up another level, she would have put the rest of the crew in danger.

She sat forward slowly, peeking from around the crates when she almost screamed. Right around the corner she saw Ivo, who seemed to be sniffing the air. In the darkness his glowing irises stood out, a poisonous green that lingered in the shadows.

"Alana..." He spoke softly, as if he was attempting to not come off as threatening.

She was not too afraid to notice that that voice was unlike Ivo, he was grittier, deeper. That is not Ivo's voice. Can the demon inside him speak?

She did not have much time to think on it as she heard the footsteps approaching further into the room.

What do I do?! If he comes any closer, he will find me!

"I can smell you." The demon taunted.

Alana quickly clasped another hand over her mouth, squeezing her eyes shut tight. No, no, no.

"Ivo doesn't want you to leave." The voice was growing louder the closer the demon approached.

Thot tears streamed under Alana's hands, she was chocking back sobs and curling herself into a tighter ball.

He is going to find me... and he is going to kill me!

"Ivo!" Another voice barked; Alana recognized it as a panicky Leopoldo.

The demon Ivo turned calmly to the white-haired demon. He seemed unimpressed and honestly, bored with the appearance of the other.

"Get control of yourself!" Leopoldo ordered. "Don't you see what you're doing?!"

"I am fixing it." The demon responded nonchalantly and low before turning back to the stacked crates.

"You're making it worse!" Leopoldo snapped, hastily advancing on Ivo.

"Ivo is upset... Removing this human will be better for him. No more rage." The demon explained his thought process.

Ivo is upset because I ran my damn mouth. What I said upset him so much that it is not Ivo that is acting like this, it is his demon possessing him. How could I ever think that Ivo could ever act like this?! I am horrible. Alana's self-loathing sank deeper as her tears welled in her palms.

"Please... don't make me hurt a dear friend." Leopoldo essentially begged, placing his right hand on the hilt of his sword.

Alana listened carefully, hoping that the demon in Ivo would not hurt Leopoldo. I cannot let Leo get hurt for my wrong doings!

"I am only helping." The demon took another step toward the boxes.

"Fine..." Leopoldo whispered. "But I cannot allow anyone to snuff out the sun."