29- Melting Point

Zacznij od początku

So warm... everything is always so cold... but my idiot is always so warm.

Leven slowly brought his arms up to wrap around her as well, and her eyes widened.
He... he is hugging me back?! Alana was shocked, Leven never reciprocated her friendly gestures, not even so much as a smile her way.

"The hole... it was always cold... but you feel like sunshine..." Leven slurred, hugging the girl tighter.

"T-thank you." She did not know what he meant, but her cheeks flushed a warm red. 

"Warm..." He muttered again.

They stayed in this embrace for what felt like seconds, but in actuality was five minutes, but another knock on the door sounded.

The person on the other side of the door did not even give Alana the chance to say come in, and the door swung open.

"Dear, have you seen—" Leopoldo came waltzing in but stopped dead in his tracks at the sight he witnessed.

You little— "My dear brother." Leopoldo finished with a smile.

"I don't think he is feeling well." Alana shyly smiled looking down at the dozing-off male attached to her.

"Yes, we all had a long night." Leopoldo came to remove his younger brother.

Oh, yeah.

"How was last night?" Alana asked before she could stop herself.

Leopoldo became the new target for Leven's hug, and the brothers embraced, Leopoldo more unwillingly.

"It was... lackluster." Leopoldo smiled down to the girl, swaying his brother to a deeper sleep so he may carry him out without a fuss.

Alana nodded awkwardly.

"Was I?"

NO IDIOT!! Alana cringed at herself again for not filtering her words.

"I'm sorry?" Leopoldo tilted his head confused by the question.

"Nothing, nothing at all." Alana nervously laughed waving both her hands. Before the conversation could continue, Alana blurted:

"What is the 'hole'?"

Leopoldo's countenance grew darkened, and his eyebrows furrowed in. Alana realized she made an even bigger mistake, and she shifted awkwardly.

"Wait here," Leo darkly commanded, and she quickly nodded.

In a swift movement, Leopoldo bent down and let his brother fall over his shoulder, and stood back up.

Leven hung like dead game over his elder brother's broad shoulder, his limbs flailing slights when Leopoldo turned to walk out the room and shut the door behind him.

"Idiot!" Alana scolded herself, lightly hitting her forehead with her palm.

Why can I not keep my big mouth shut? It has gotten me trouble again for the fourth time, in less than twenty-four hours!

The sound of her door opening drew her attention back up, Leopoldo was stalking in, locking the door behind him.

He looked her over with pensive, ocean blue eyes before nudging his head toward the bed, telling her to sit.

She did as motioned, and sat on the edge of the twin-sized bed, Leopoldo joining her rather close.

He sat leaning forward with his elbows on his knees, his long slender fingers interlocked.