Twenty Six

Sang's P.O.V

I groan aloud as I wake feeling my whole body ache. I wish I had that moment of peace before I had to remember what almost happened to me. But it was ingrained. I could feel the pain, even in sleep. 

I slowly peel my eyes open to check my surroundings.  My eyes skim the room and halt on Sean. His body slumped over in a chair his fingers pulling at his scalp while also covering his face.

He looks so unlike the Sean I've come to know that I struggle on what to say.

"Sean? Are you alright?" I whisper out gently, so I don't startle him.

But when he looks up I know instantly that he isn't okay. No, his eyes are red and puffy. Cheeks streaked with dry and wet tears. And guilt and pain shining through his eyes.

This is my fault. I made him this way.

"Hey Pookie, I'm glad you are awake now.  I'm alright. Just doing some thinking. But I'm the one who should be asking you that." He says with a watery smile.

I know what he is thinking and I refuse to see him hurt himself for no reason. So as quickly as I can manage I jump out of bed and walk to him.

Just as he tries to get me to lay back down I grasp him in a hug and whisper in his ear.

"Its not your fault. I would have went back no matter what. I was only thinking of me. I was selfish. And scared. But it wasn't yours or any of their faults. Its mine. Please stop blaming yourself for things you could never have changed. I had to go back. I guess in a way I needed to see if I was real, if I truly deserved the pain. And Sean, I have my awnser. I don't deserve that. At least not what she had planned. Please don't blame yourself. "

I pull back slightly to look into his beautiful green eyes. I see alot less sadness than before and I wipe his cheeks off before giving a smile to him and pulling the rest of the way apart.

Instantly I'm cold. But I continue to put that space.

Sean stands up and looks at me with a small smile before speaking.

"Sang. You deserve the world at your feet. Your so kind and thoughtful. Here you are in pain and yet push that aside all to comfort me. You're perfect. "

Now he gives a stern look before forcing me back into the bed. I smile and lay back down.