Chapter six

Nathan and North were both in my AP Geometry. But none of us spoke a word. So I was headed to my next class as soon as the bell rang. I couldn't wait to get to Violin class. I wanted to pour my heart out on the strings. Feel the soothing beauty of the chords. So I was a little surprised to see no one there. Not even a teacher.
I didn't want to waste any time though. So I chose out a Violin from the back of the room and sat at a chair. I quickly tuned my instrument and rosen my bow and begin playing The Last Rose Of Summer.
   I keep my posture straight and make sure to keep my violin tucked under my chin with just enough force and my elbow in at the right angle. I close my eyes and let the beautiful peice play through my mind as my body naturally plays. I pour my heart into my bowing and my soul wraps around every string. The minutes pass and finally I play the last notes with a deep vibration rumming through my chest.
I lightly smile in pride at myself before a light clap beside me has my eyes snapping open.
The only way to describe this man is perfect. With steel grey eyes behind dark rimmed glasses. Hair pushed to perfection. He wears a grey suit. With no wrinkles in sight. Like a fresh cut dimond. He is beautiful. My cheeks flush as he gazes at me with a look that I could say is almost pride.
I look down quickly. Mumbling a thanks.
    "My name is Mr. Blackbourne. I had not realized any students signed up for this class until a few moments ago. Or I would have been here much sooner. But I cannot say that upon walking in and hearing you play such a difficult peice with such grace and skill, that I was dissapointed. So thank you. What is your name Ms.?"
  I glance up at his formal speech. I saw a millimeter smile form on his lips. My heart fluttered. I was pleased to have his compliments, and a little proud of his smile. Because he doesn't seem to be the kind to smile very often.
"My name is Sang Sorensen. Thank you Mr. Blackourne." I gave him a small smile in return, before ducking my head.
     "You're very much welcome Ms. Sorensen. As it appears that you are my only student, and I've heard you're very talented at Violin. What would you like to do for this class?"
"U-um. I'm not sure. I didn't know I was the only student." I bring my finger to my lip in a nervous gesture.
"Very well. Since you are skilled with violin, how about we work together on that once a week, while teching you a new instrument the other four days?" Mr. Blackbourne suggests.
  I think about it. And glance around the room. My eyes spotting the piano in longing. So I agree and point to the piano.
  "I unfortunately do not know how to play that. But I can bring in videos of how to play and we may learn together Ms. Sorensen,  if you are okay with that."
I nod my head quickly in agreement.  I was excited to begin. I've always wanted to learn piano! I just know I'll pick up how quickly.
For the rest of class Mr. Blackbourne and I play violins together and discuss our favorite peices.  We had classical music in common. His eyes giving a flicker of suprise and pride.
                             ● ● ●

Sitting in AP History with Victor and North I missed Mr. Blackbourne. So I forced myself to focus on two page essay that Mr. Morris gave. It was pretty easy. Just taking notes from the history book and memory really. So by the end of class I was almost finished.
I was putting my books into my bag, when I felt a presence next to me. I looked up to a smiling Nathan.
" Would you have lunch with me and my friends Sang?"
I almost just ran out of the room. Why would he want to have lunch with me? I wasnt anything special. He already had friends to sit with. Why would he want poor useless me?
But the look on his face held sincerity.  He truly wanted me to sit with him. So I nodded my head in comfimation. He beamed at me and we headed to the cafeteria with a North following bahind like a bodyguard.
                           ● ● ●
The cafeteria was full of students. With long lunch lines that I knew wouldnt all make it through. With kids sutting on floors and tables. Nathan directed me out to the courtyard and we claimed seats at a table that his friends were already seated at. North sat to my left as Nathan was across from me. Leaving an empty seat to my right.
  I pulled out my bag that held my luch and placed in front of me. As I put my hand inside, the seat beside me was filled with a massive body.  I looked over and my eyes went wide. This guy was huge. If North was scary then he had nothing on this guy. This guy had a navy blue shirt on that stretched across big muscles.  He was about a head and a half taller than me just sitting down.
  When he glanced over and spotted me I shrinked away. His face held a Greek kind of heritage with sharp lines and deep brown eyes. Dark hair sat cropped on his head. But when he looked at me his eyes softened.  So I knew that, while he looked like he could snap me in two seconds, that he was a huge teddy bear. So my nerves settled a fraction.
I look away and pull out four tuna avocado wraps, a small tray of fruit, and a bottle of water. Before I start eating I hear the boys talking about not having brought lunch and not able to make it through the lines.
I glance around counting. There is eight of us. I then begin cutting each of my wraps in half. I nervously nudge North.
He looks at me with a blank expression and I force myself to stutter out, " I-I can share mine. It's n-not much..." then gesture to my lunch. North glances at it before raising an eyebrow. I look away and look back quickly and I see a small smile as he then takes all the halves except one.
He then proceeds to pass them around and the boys look at him in confusion before they glance over to me. I jerk my head down and pick my own wrap up to begin to eat.
"Thank you Sang. You don't have to share though. You don't know us really. So we would understand." I hear Kota say softly.
I look him in the eye, "I don't mind. I wouldn't have been able to eat it all anyway" I try to give a reassuring smile but it probably looked like a grimace. So I look away.
"Thank you." The giant beside me says.
"You're welcome" I squeak out.
"My name Silas. Nice to meet you."
"I'm sang. Nice to meet you too" I respond looking at him to let him know I meant it.
I was halfway done with my wrap when the boys groans started. I glance around and almost smile in pride as they each shove the wraps down. I then place my fruit tray in the middle of the table to share also. I then nod my head to it when they look confused.
I liked that they all appreciated and thanked me. Even unnecessarily.  I felt a little more human. Receiving the first true thanks for what I have done. So the rest of lunch I happily listen to the boys chatting away about games and homework. 
After finishing my wrap I started on the rest of the History essay while listening to the hum of the boys. Once finished I pulled out a new book to read since I finished the one from this morning. I then began to read about different computer hacking techniques.  Memorizing what codes for what softwares.
  A voice clears and I glance up.
"What are you reading about now Sang?" Victor asks me.
I lift the book to show him. Him and the guys read the cover then look at me in surprise.  "You must have many different interests." Nathan stated.
I shake my head before saying. " I read about many things. Its how I teach myself alot of things. Its how I taught myself multiple languages." I shrug nonchalance.
The guys all look at me in mixed expressions of pride, curiosity, or confusion.
"So what class do you have next beautiful?" Luke speaks happily to me.
"AP Biology with Mr. Gerald."
"Oy, don't you have that fucking class next too Silas?" Gabriel asks.
Silas only nods.
"Whats your next few classes?" Kota looks at me in question.
"Just Japanese and then gym."
"I got Japanese!" Called Victor at the same time Gabriel and Nathan called gym.
Kota nods at each of them.
"I can walk with you to the next class if you would like?" Silas asks while a blush rushes across his face. I smile and agree.
                            ● ● ●
AP Biology went by quickly with Silas behind me as we worked in silence. 
By the time I was in Japanese I hadn't even relized when I walked in. I took my seat as Victor sat beside me.
"Hello class. My name is Dr.Green. Today we will be picking partners. I want to see what everyone already knows about Japan."
Looking at the teacher my breath stops for just a moment. He had dark hair and light green eyes. He wore a deep purple shirt with a neatly tied tie. He glanced around the room before his gaze landed on me. I was almost a puddle. He smiled big at me with perfect white teeth. So I did what I always do. I look away.
Me and Victor are partners. We work together and end up with a long list that took up front and back of the page.  I knew quite a bit from all the reading I've read from Japan.
As Dr. Green walked around he would comment if something didnt belong on the list or if something instresting was on them. So when he stopped at our desks his eyes went wide as he took in the many facts we had.
"My, looks like you two definitely know quite alot then."
"Actually most of the list was Sang. I was surprised too." Victor responds in awe.
I blush as Dr. Green read through the list.
"Kono risuto ni wa hijō ni ōku no kyōmibukai michi no jijitsu mo arimasu." Dr. Green says with pride.(so many interesting unknown  facts on this list too.)
I relized then I should probably let him know I taught myself Japanese too.
"Watashi wa Nihon ni tsuite yoku yonda monodesu"(I used to read about japan a lot) I reply back quickly.
His eyes light up in relization.
"Ms. Sang, if you already know the language then why take this class?"
I blush as I speak," well, I taught myself. And with it being a difficult language,  I wanted to make sure I have everything right."
"Well you sound pretty fluent for you to have taught yourself. How long did it take?" He asks eagerly with a wide smile.
"Only about a year. I was practicing other languages at the time too, or I would have had it done sooner."
"Well Ms. Sang, if you get stuck, I'll definitely help you out." With a wink he turned and walked away.
                             ● ● ●