Chapter Nineteen

Owen's P.O.V

I straighten my tie and adjust my glasses at least twenty times before forcing my hands to my side. I hadn't realized just how nervous I was to see Sang. How nervous the thought of her not wanting me around her. Or worse yet, none of us.

I clear my throat as I step into the hospitals sliding doors. Dr. Sean walks casually in front of our large group and leads us across the corridor to the staff elevator. I hear our thudding of footsteps against the cold marble ground as we move.

While waiting for the elevator everyone besides Dr. Sean, Toma, Coleman, Lee and Myself take the stairs to the third floor.

There's a short ding notifying us of the elevators arrival before a moment later the doors slide open silently. I make sure to force my hands still, as I take my place in the middle and wait for the slight jerk and doors opening once more stopping at the third floor.

We are halfway down the hall before the rest of the teams make it up the stairs. We all stop and wait for them to catch up before continuing down the hallway.

Only seconds pass before we all enter the hospital room. One by one our faces cloud with confusion. Instead of seeing Sang, we are greeted by an empty bed. Internally I begin to panic. Where did she go? What happened? She's on the most secured floor and yet she's not here?!

But by my expression you wouldn't see my anxiety raising or the hurt I am feeling. Because I know that in seconds this once quiet room will burst into noise. Yelling and arguing. And I must always maintain control. Because without control, we would be in complete and constant chaos.

Sean's P.O.V

Pookie? Where are you?

My face falls as I realize she's gone. I don't know where she went. I don't know how. I sure don't know why. She's still in healing. How could she have enough energy to go any farther than the restroom and back?

How did I not get notified of her absence? Why would she leave? Was it me? Did she not trust me enough to stay? Did she not want to see me again? Is her being gone my fault?

Pookie, come back... I'm sorry.

Ravens P.O.V.

I'm ANGRY. HOW NO ONE SEE?! Where is moy malen'kiy voin!? (My little warrior)

I storm out of the room and stomp my way over to the man at fancy table. I see red as I jerk the man up and start demanding my questions.

Corey's P.O.V.

Sangs gone? I don't understand. Where could she have gone? Why?
I wish these questions were as easy as working my way through a computer, but Its not. And I'm left looking at the empty bed as though it'll provide me information. My chest clinching in pain, ready to begin its torture.

Gabriel's P.O.V.

Fucking hell! All these idiots acting as they didn't know this was a possibility.  Like they don't know where she went.

I know from experience that she would go back to the place that destroyed her. Just because she thinks that's what she fucking deserves. Because she hadn't realized she was finally free.

She was getting her punishment over with. And here we are wasting time.

"Guys, I think I know where the funky she went" I say. Then repeat it in a yell to be heard over the thunderous shouting.

They all stop abruptly and turn to look at me. All with hope shining in their eyes. So I run out and they follow. I see Raven holding the receptionist to the wall in fear. And quickly yank him with me as I shout a quick apology to the man. But pay no heed as I focus on our current task.

Luke's P.O.V.

I sure hope Gabe is right. I don't want to lose my cupcake. I hadn't even gotten to share my favorite cake with her. Or be ninjas together. Or sneak in North room and plant snack cakes everywhere.

I wanted her help putting five hundred balloons in Kota's room... so we HAVE to find her. Besides, I wanted to see her smile.