Chapter Twenty Five

Corey's P.O.V

Waiting. Oh God, I hate waiting. I feel as though I'm going insane with the thoughts racing through my mind.

Sang is currently upstairs in Kota's room, being looked over by Sean. While the rest of us wait in the living room. I fear that we were too late. That she will hate us all.

What if she decides she don't want us around? What if she decides our plan is stupid and wants something different?

I'm so stressed I haven't ate today. I would be worried about why nobody has noticed but I honestly don't think anyone has at this point.

I release my breath that I hadn't realized I held. Please just let sang be okay. I'll do anything.
● ● ●

Sean's P.O.V

Pookie wasn't looking good. Well she's always beautiful, but from a clinical view point she looks bad.

She's so pale that her bruises pop out at you. And it just reminds me that its all my fault. Every bruise, every scrape. Every splinter that I've had to pull out of her arms and chest.

I don't deserve her forgiveness.  Which I'm sure she will try to give. Because this is my fault. If I had just stayed beside her when she woke. Or explained things a little more, maybe she would never had went back.

But it's too late to change the ways things went. And it's all my fault.
● ● ●

Owen's P.O.V

The teams are taking this hard. I see the self blame in their eyes. See the sadness they don't bother to hide.

But I feel that Sean is taking it more personally.  The way his eyes are glazed over and full of guilt. The way his usual smiling face is no longer filled with the cheerful and happy doctor.

Instead his shoulders are now slouched. His smile a set frown. No happiness to be seen. And I can't help but wonder what I can do.
● ● ●

Kota's P.O.V

One, two, three, four. Four, five, six, seven, eight. Four, eight, twelve. One, two, three, six. Five, six, seven, eighteen. Twelve, six, eighteen, thirty six. Nine, ten, nineteen. Nineteen, thirty six, fifty five.

I can't calm myself, not even with numbers. No matter how many times I count, I can't help but worry for Sang. For my family.

My brothers are all stressed, and I can't exactly act as if I'm not stressed myself, when even Mr. Blackbourne is pacing around fixing his already perfect tie every two seconds over the span of an hour. Making one hundred and twenty times.

Am I a bad team lead if I can't even help my family feel better?