Chapter Eighteen

Silas P.O.V.

These last four weeks have felt like years. Filled with endless pain. I just couldn't understand how one bird could cause so much chaos between my brothers. The moment we all found out the extent of Sang's injuries, it had become madness.

North, Raven, Brandon, and Nathan fought each other, blaming themselves for her pain and taking it out on one another. While Corey, Gabe, Luke, Marc, and Sean sat around the room in various degrees of pain and fear. Then there's Axel, Owen, Victor, Kota and Myself. We all closed yourself off, deciding to show not emotion while holding all our confusion, pain and anger inside.

I didn't understand how a family could be so cruel and twisted to their own blood. How did Sang never show signs of the severity of her wounds. We all suspected her home life wasnt ideal, but we never thought it was so horrendous.

To harm such a sweet and caring girl was malakíes! (Bullshit) There could be nothing in the world to deserve the torture and punishments that she had to endure day after day. No crime could EVER justify nearly killing her.

I can't help but agree with North and Raven. They deserve so much pain. But even if we gave them the same "courteous" punishments as they gave to to ómorfo poulí mou (my beautiful bird) it still wouldnt be enough.

So every night, me and my brothers would sit around Sang's bed. All internally begging her to wake up. To give us one of her shy smiles. And each night, we would leave with our heads hung low in defeat. All thinking of what we could have done to prevent all of this.

But through each meeting between our teams, we grew closer through the pain. More like brothers than anything. But tonight's meeting actually means something. Tonight Sean said he had good news to share. And just the thought that Sang is awake send my stomach fluttering. Waiting to be able see her awake. To be able to give her the best hug I could give.

● ● ●

Gabriel's P.O.V

I've been sitting for damn near an hour waiting for everyone to show up for tonight's meeting. With Mr. Blackbourne sitting at the head of the table. I was told we would be starting thirty minutes ago. But would you guess that these dumbasses all took their slow ass time getting here? Excluding the ever presentable Mr. Blackbourne.

So as they each walk in one by one through the thick oakwood door, I send them each a glare. Which every single one of those pricks ignore, or in Marc's case, flips me off with a grin.

Once everyone is seated Mr. Blackbourne straightens his already straight tie and looks us all over before starting.

" Dr. Green, has news for us tonight that I'm positive will make everyone rest easier tonight." He then proceeds to nod at Sean in an Okay to give us the news.

"Sang is awake and doing well. Before I left, I had checked in and she has cut herself off the pain medications and has refused nurse help to the restroom. But she is fine and she can be discharged a day whenever now. But we need to discuss what we will be telling her tonight, because we dont need to stress her." Sean speaks in his doctor voice. Leaving no room for arguing, not that we would disagree with him at this point.

Then Axel speaks, "I suggest we bring her in slowly. Tell her about us adopting her, and tell her the gist of the Academy. Then if she has questions we can answer them for her slowly."

"But what do you think she's going to think about her new living arrangements?" Corey asks in concern.

Then with dread, I ask the question that been burning through my mind.
"What is she wants to join the Academy?"

Suddenly the room burst into a thunder of everyone arguing back and forth. Debating or yelling until Owen stood up and raised his hand up to us stopping the chaos before it could get out of hand.

"I understand your concerns and opinions gentlemen. But at this point it's not our decision. It would be a decision for Sang and The Academy to decide. We can voice our concerns or issues all we want. But we cannot take her opinions and voice from her. We all know and have observed her show potential Academy member traits. We know she would be a great candidate for any team she desires. I suggest we all just support whatever choice she does make. As for living arrangements, I think she will be self conscious over it. But hopefully in time she will see that we have the best for her in mind. And to send her back into that healthy environment would only be signing her death. Because that's where her abuse was leading to. Now boys, here's the plans for tonight's conversation"