Chapter Seventeen

Sangs P.O.V

I was beginning to feel suffocated. Nerves bundling inside me ready to explode. I asked a nurse if I could walk the halls a few minutes, but she shook her head denying me freedom.

I was trapped. And I didn't like that one bit. My body was weak, but I was determined. So after the last nurse left I knew it was an opportunity. I jetted to the door, peeked out both ways. Checking to make sure it was clear.

When I felt ready I ran.

I know i should have stayed. Waited everything out and heal a bit longer. But I fear that they would judge me. Everyone judges me. Besides, Step mother will be so angry after not being home for so long. Who's made meals? Cleaned the house?

I skidded around a corner with thoughts racing just as fast. At that moment I was glad I had great sense of direction. Because it only took about five minutes before finding the doors.

Many doctors yelled out, but I only ignored them and kept going. I would not be stopped. I couldn't.

So as I took my first steps outside, with the cold rough cement under my bare feet. I sped up. Taking in a deep breath of slightly polluted air.

I make sure to look back, so nobody was following me. Until I finally reached my destination.

I knocked on the door and prayed I could get this over with. I raised my hand moments later to knock again, but before my shaky knuckles could tap the tune of my punishment. The monster herself opened the door, quickly yanking me inside...