Chapter 21

AGENT ADAM'S POV

My phone's alarm buzzed indicating it was 5:00am, time for subh. I woke Hanan up and we prayed, with Hanan going back to sleep and I got ready for my morning jog.

I plugged in my earpods and silently left the room, so as to not disturb Hanan's sleep. My parents were probably sleeping so I made a reminder to go to their room when I got back.

I walked out of the main gates, registering the houses around as I began to jog and listen to my playlist. It was so quiet, peaceful and energizing but I was starting to get tired so I turned around, heading home. I closed my eyes, taking in the fresh air for a brief moment when I bumped into someone, making me fall on my butt.

Ouch!

"I'm so sorry. Let me help." The guy stretched out his arm and I hesitantly took it, standing up straight and dusting my track pants.

"Thanks." Hey! I recognized the guy but I couldn't pinpoint where I knew him.

"You're....umm.... Aisha right?" He asked. How did he know my name?

Well, technically not my name but you get the point.

"Yeah and you are.....?" I asked, taking my earpods out of my ears.

"Shahid. From Yesterday night." He mentioned.

Ohhhhhhhhh. That's who he was.

"Yeah. Right. So you live here?" I asked the guy, who was shamelessly staring at me like I was some kind of chocolate.

"Yeah. Just up ahead. Mind joining me for a cup of coffee?" He asked, nervously changing his weight from one foot to another.

"Maybe some other time. Right now, I gotta go." I shrugged, running pass him to go back home.

"Hope we meet again." He yelled.

Pfft. As if.

"Sure." I yelled back as I continued to run. The guy was strange and gave out some negative aura that I want nothing to do with.

Reaching the gates, I walked in feeling exhausted and went straight to the kitchen for some water. We exchanged pleasantries with the maids as they went on with their work. I opened the fridge and took out a bottle of water when it got closed shut, making me flinch back. Observing the kitchen, all the maids were gone but.....

"Where were you?"

Ugh. Ashraf.

"Look, I'm in no mood for annoyance Ashraf and I had a splendid night, thanks for asking." I answered with every bit of sarcasm dripping out of each word as I drank my water.

"Good morning Jannah. Where were you?"  He asked again.

*Sighs*

"You're Impossible. I went jogging, okay?" I answered. He smiled victoriously before taking the bottle of water from my hand.

"What now?" I asked, trying to snatch my bottle back but he wouldn't let go.

"It's not proper to take cold water early in the morning without having anything to eat. You should get some warm water to drink. And also, you shouldn't be jogging with those injured ribs, get me?" He lectured, pouring the entire liquid down the drain.

What the absolute......

"Thanks for the advice." I forced a smile and made my way out of the kitchen, tired of his annoying self but he blocked my way.

"What do you want now?" I grunted, trying to get away from him.

"You're angry at me." He stated, taking my hand in his. I yanked it out of his hold and pushed him aside, making my way upstairs.