Chapter 12

JANNAH'S POV

There were lots of traffic on the road but our drive to Domino's was filled with a comforting silence as music played in the background.

"We're here." He mentioned, getting down from the car. I also followed suit, dropping down from the car.

As we walked into the building, I spot a lot of people mainly men eyeing me.

What's the problem? Haven't seen a beautiful girl like me before?

"Woah. Guess I'll have to keep a close eye on you before you get snatched away from me." He joked, looking at the amount of men watching me.

"I know I am beautiful just I didn't know I am THAT beautiful." I joked and we both laughed.

"Well, I have to tell you. You are THAT beautiful." He said, guiding me into the place.

"So what will you like to have?" He asked and I looked at the menu.

"Urmm.... how about the southern style BBQ chicken pizza?"

"Okay. We'll have the medium sized southern style BBQ chicken pizza and 2 Fantas please." He ordered when it was our turn.

We went to an empty booth and sat down patiently waiting for our order.

"You could have just order for home delivery, why go through the difficulty of waiting in line?" I asked him, checking the place out.

"Want me to be honest?" He asked.

"I would appreciate that." Even though I have not been honest with you, I wanted to add.

"I just wanted to spend some time with you. I am starting to like you with the little time we spent and I wanted to know you more." He confessed, avoiding eye contact.

"Awww so sweet of you." I smiled at him.

"Yeah." He glanced at me before avoiding eye contact again.

"Wait a minute. Are you shy of looking into my eyes?" I chuckled.

"No!" He exclaimed a little loud.

"Then I dare you to look into my eyes." He raised his head up and his stare was intense. I stared back not able to avert my gaze.

It continued for a while before the waiter announced his presence and set our food on the table.

"Thank you." We unanimously said and he left with a nod.

"Bismillah." I muttered under my breath before taking a slice of the pizza.

"Mmmm. This is delicious." I moaned, taking another slice. I caught a sight of Jalil watching me intently as he sipped his soda.

"Ain't you eating?" I asked when I was done with the second slice. I sipped my drink too.

"Nahhhh I'm okay." He waved, bringing out his phone from his pocket.

"But then why...."

"It's already getting late and I don't want mom to yell at me so can you please eat so we can leave soon." He cut me off as he used his phone.

"Geez Okay." I went back to eating. I ate two more slices and then I was full.

"You done?" He asked.

"Yeah." That was my short reply.

He settled the bill and we left the place. During the ride, I kept seeing a black SUV following us.

That made me uneasy but I shrugged it off and continued to make small convos with Jalil.

He came to a stop at a place called Cold Stone Creamery.