Chapter 15

ASHRAF'S POV

***FLASHBACK***

"Hey there, baby girl." I jumped in front of her, frightening her.

"I thought Ace told you to stay out of my way." She said still walking away from me.

"Why do you call him Ace?" I asked, a little curious.

"Because he's everything to me." She answered, walking pass me again.

"Slow down, Tinker." I jogged to catch up to her.

"I'm running late. And what did you just call me?" She frowned, stopping in her tracks to look at me.

"Tinker as in Tinker Bell. Cos you're short." I shrugged as she continued to walk.

"Never call me that again. Don't you have anything better to do?" She asked, trying to get rid of me.

"Other than annoying you, I'm free for the day Tinker." I teased further.

"Stop it. And would you please stop following me? Your breath smells like Cigarette." She stated, scrunching her nose in a disgust.

"What's wrong with that?"

"I hate it, which is making me hate you." She mentioned, fastening her paces.

Okay, that hurts. I didn't want her to hate me, I wanted her to love me and I'll make sure of that.

I watched her movements as she disappeared into a building.

I felt like I didn't deserve her, like she was too good for me. I felt so dirty next to her, like some fucking trash.

How can this little girl make me feel this way? With everything she does, I find myself wanting to get close to her.

She hated me smoking? Well, I guess it's time Ashraf Safana changed his ways.

***END OF FLASHBACK***

I missed her. I missed how she would laugh at my jokes, how she would glare when I called her Tinker Bell, the way she would scold me if I smoked or drank alcohol, how she would rain cusses on me in Arabic thinking I didn't understand, that sass of hers that always turn me on. I missed everything about her, absolutely everything.

I would do anything just to get a glimpse of her. And my Jackass best friend doesn't spare me a picture of her.

A rumbling thunder interrupted my thoughts as I looked out the window at the pouring rain. It was 5:30am after Subh Prayer and I couldn't go back to sleep.

I sighted some movement outside which alerted me. Focusing on the character, I realised it was that witch.

Thanks to the security lights, I was able to see her expression. She was laughing, jumping up and down in the rain like a small kid which reminded me of Jann, she loved the rain. She took of her scarf and her hair ran down her back as rain poured down on her. She was wearing sweatpants and a baggy shirt which was wet.

I've never seen a Nigerian girl having such long, smooth and silky hair. I could just run my hands through it.....

Wait, Wait, Wait, What was I thinking? That was wrong. Looking at her exposed hair was wrong. Me thinking about any girl but Jannah was wrong.

I shook my head and closed the curtains, going back to my bed. I tossed and turned on my bed but couldn't fall asleep so I stood up and walked back to the window. She was still there but exercising, doing situps, jumping jacks and some more. She grabbed a tree branch and did like 3 pullups before releasing it, probably feeling pain from putting too much pressure on her ribs. For a semi illiterate girl, she sure knows how to stay fit making me more suspicious of her. She claimed she wasn't fully educated yet speaks fluent English, She claimed she was raised poorly yet have impeccable taste in fashion and then she was strong enough to endure such vigorous exercise with the injury she obtained.